Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The result of one hour at the bench:

DSC_1159.JPG
I got the steering arms sorted and the transmission in (after a bit of faffing about). The angle from the front diff to the drive splitter is impossibly steep. Oh well its there.
DSC_1160.JPG
And the front bumper. They want four rivet heads placed on the marks at less than 1 mm in diametre I'm not even going to try.

I have also softened the mudguards ready to roll them, but that will be for another day...

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Excellent work so far Ian, Lord knows resin kits can be a pain, but quality above quantity is what us old timers adhere to, after all what is left to prove anymore?
Am watching this one, and wishing I paid so much attention to all the little fiddly stuff....carry on:thumb2:

Jim:smiling4:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Ian,
Just caught up to your build, considering the problems you are doing a fantastic job. I agree with you about the manufacturers comments, I am halfway through a big build and a bigger retail price, and the standard of some of the parts really needs to be questioned.
But keep pushing on, it will work out in the end.
Cheers, Mike.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I hope that no one is holding their breath waiting for this to continue.
Having had the front bumper and all the lights fall off (for about the N th time) and refitted. I actually got to throw some primer at it. And most of the brass work fell off again, also two of the windows, (that are glued inside the cab) are now rattling around in the cab. Shelf of doom? More like target practise.

Time to start saving up for a new one. In plastic.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Just when you thought you had it sorted!
:tired:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
To Be honest Si, this is one of the few kits I have hated from the start. When I bought it, it was the only 1/35 Morris quad on the market. Now there are three to chose from in plastic.
Starting it was on of those 'oh well I have it so I might as well.' Live and learn eh?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ian,
Sorry to hear this has been a trial. After all the effort you put in, you may be right to call it a day.