Bedford 'OLBD'

F

Flying Scottiedog

View attachment 23673View attachment 23672View attachment 23671View attachment 23670My wife got me an Emhar 1/24 Bedford 'OLBD' which is turning out to be a great kit to build. I am building the British Railways version of the kit and have nearly finished the chasse.

The instructions tell me to paint everything underneath satin coal black and i think that it means the fule tank also. I have never been one to follow instructions to the letter so i thought i would change a couple of things. Here are a couple of photographs so as you can let me know what you think so far.

View attachment 30280

View attachment 30281

View attachment 30282

View attachment 30283

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

F

Ferrets Bueller

Great progress so far allan, look forward to seeing the rest of your build

L

Lancasterb1

Nice work so far Allan, look forward to seeing the progress that you make, great detailing on the engine, in particular the green oil filter :smile1:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi allan nice to see you back, lovely chassis youve got there ( one of my poorer chat up lines!!), they really are excellent kits arent they. Check out pauls (ferrets bueller) tipper it looks brilliant, i know yours is going to be too ,i think its a different version though isnt it ? cheers tony

F

Flying Scottiedog

Hi Tony,

I had a look at pauls last week and i liked his build. You are right in saying that they are different, Paul's is the tipper version where as mine is the longer wheel based 5 ton dropside truck.

F

Fenlander

Nice one Allen, another helping of diversity, certainly helps keep the juices flowing. Look forward to its progress.

F

Flying Scottiedog

Thanks Graham i should have another couple of pictures in the morning to post.

B

Bunkerbarge

That's certainly a very different subject, I've not seen one of these before. Thanks for the build thread to see how it goes together. It brings back memories of the old Airfix kits such as the fire engine and the Bill bus.

Coming on very nicely and I'm sure is going to make a very attractive model.