Benchvent 300 sD

A

Awins

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative filter for the Benchvent 300 sD
At nearly £18 each I think this is expensive.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
That is what I have and if you can get it for £18 it is the bargain of the century. I think I paid £280 for mine and it’s a great bit of kit worth every penny. There are cheaper ones out there but you get what you pay for.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is what I have and if you can get it for £18 it is the bargain of the century. I think I paid £280 for mine and it’s a great bit of kit worth every penny. There are cheaper ones out there but you get what you pay for.
I think Alan just means are there any cheaper filters Barry not the whole machine,
Can you not get the filter material from a DIY store Alan and cut it to size. But without seeing a picture of what your really after it's hard to really see what you need.

J

Jens Andrée

The filters for your vent is a simple square cartridge type filter. Just gut one of the used ones, cut new filter out of generic filter material and place it on the front of the old (gutted) filter and put it back in place. That should do the trick.
The old filter will hold the DIY filter material in place.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I actually thought it was a typo rather than the cost of the screen.

But then I re-read the post and yes, a filter mentioned !!!!!! Aw well, I blame reading this on my smallish phone screen!

S

Steve Noble

You can make your own. The original filters have two layers. A glass fibre type outer layer and a denser inner layer. You can buy the rolls from an auto paint suppliers or even eBay. They cost me around £20 per roll but will last a lifetime. I think I worked out that i can make filters for around 25 years changing them every 2-3 months from the rolls I bought. I made 2 small frames from thin metal bar and I sandwich the material between them to hold it in place. It works well and saves a fortune on filter prices..