BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon all

You will know my love affair with PE, i now to bend this
20210621_141346.jpg

Was thinking of using a cocktail stick??

Any help and advice, MOST welcome

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cocktail stick sounds like the best idea bob , or maybe a paintbrush handle , depends on the diameter of the finished part

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Use a suitable round former and start at the end away from the ladder itself so the ladder part stays flat! Another approach is to use smooth jawed tweezers to hold the flat bit and bend the round bit to shape around the tweezer leg.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Use a suitable round former and start at the end away from the ladder itself so the ladder part stays flat! Another approach is to use smooth jawed tweezers to hold the flat bit and bend the round bit to shape around the tweezer leg.
Thanks Tim:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Find a plastic rod the same diameter and wrap that around it from outside first. Even a piece of wire with appropriate diameter will do.
Before you wrap create a crease at the ladder first or basically bend at 90 degrees.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks Richard now get it.

A lot depends on the fragility of the stuff.

I would start with a round barrel of some sort larger than the final size. Just to get
the bend working & avoid kinking.

Kebab metal rods make a good starter (especially with chicken) heat them a little which imparts that to the PE.
With Flight path PE, which is twice the thickness of Eduard, I have warmed up the PE with a hair dryer which gives
a better chance & also loses spring back after bending.

If you have a lot of bending Bob then worth considering these little fellows.

Laurie

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sometimes use drill bits to form longer round bends. I have two sets of pliers w/a different diameter round jaw that works against a flat jaw to do short work.. Always do flat bends on a part first.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Bob.
Use a drill bit and single sided razor blade. Hold the drill with your fingers at either end and then slide the blade under and move it to follow the drill. Or use a #9 scalpel blade.
Mike.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It's one of those safety features on ladders so you won't be blown off the ladder from waves.

Cheers,
Richard
YEA Richard they are called safety cages fixed to the ladder an Bob in my opinion just do like the guys have said hold the ladder bit flat on a flat surface an fit in a round drill bit the size you want the safety cage to be an simply bend it around with some plyiers as that how i would do it but it all depends on how strong the P/E is
chris
chris