"Bendy Bus" VW Doka / 5th wheel camper kitbash

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Best thing I have seen for a long time. Luv it too bits. Outstanding attention to detail and some wonderful scratch work. You have certainly excelled yourself with this one Andy. One to be proud of. Well done mate

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great result Andy.........I can smell the steaks cooking on the grill. Don't forget to dump a load of sand on your base with a couple of seashells and a star fish or two. Cheers and well done! Rick H.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve, such a great compliment!

And Rick too, I won't let you guys down with the steaks, I promise :smiling5: .

I have about 1/4 ton of sand so that shouldn't be a problem, some resin for water and a few other bits & bobs. I just need something to build it all on lol. I have a dozen paving slabs but they might be a bit heavy to cart around!

Maybe I'll pinch a shelf out of a kitchen cupboard and see if the wife notices :flushed:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely finish Andy. Looks fantastic, and I can’t see any rough bits.....love the colour as well.....

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Tim. Clever camera angles have hidden most of the rough bits :smiling5:

One that can be seen is the broken lower door hinge right next to the headlamp. I'd put the missing piece in a safe spot. So safe that I couldn't find it again!

Thankfully after fully clearing my bench I've come across it and it's now fixed back in place.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Missed this for some reason, call it old age lol

What a stunning build Andy, fantastic job!!

D

Deleted member 7181

Hi Bob, better late than never mate and thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Thanks Jim, that means a lot. I had my regular stumble midway but you guys kept me on track :thumb2:

My boggle now is where too next? :smiling5: I've had my eye on a few kits but the Zvezda Hind looks like a bit of a disappointment, just a larger version of the one I've built with no real added detail. The Trumpeter tactical fire truck has turned out a bit pricey now that it's finally been released, so I'm stumped. Will have to spend the night scouring the web for ideas :smiling3:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great job. You could make this an ongoing project to return to when the mojo wanes, adding little bits/ideas as the mood strikes. PaulE

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
WOW!...Andy, that is one great piece of work Buddy!
I always loved the old VW busses...But THIS!
This is wanting me the grab the old bag of....well....never mind.
Jim
Image result for old hippie stoned

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy............. well, what a turn up for the books, so well done, extreme scratchery at its best. Your attention to detail is exemplary. Top job. winner of the Race Towers Build of the month :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Nice of Neil to send the scooter kit, top man .

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Neil, I'm so glad you enjoyed the build and the scooter makes a lovely addition.

And John, thanks, I'm honoured!

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Andy.

I'm not sure I'd agree with you given some of the amazing work going on around here, but thanks very much for the compliment :smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Stunning and I'm loving it Andy, like I said earlier this is going into my list of Builds To Refer To for inspiration.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Richard, I'm humbled to think you'd consider something of mine for inspiration!

Despite a couple of issues I really enjoyed this one though, so I'm sure to be doing more "custom" builds in the future, and have hopefully learnt a few lessons to make them even better.

Reactions: JR