"Bendy Bus" VW Doka / 5th wheel camper kitbash

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

I'll start another thread in the correct place when I make a start on the diorama proper, but for now here's another accessory, a gazebo to shade our fella from the sun.

After a couple of false starts I first made up the square framework. I've scaled it roughly on my smaller one, around 8 feet square and just over 6 foot at the eaves. ~2.4m wide, ~ 1.9m high for you youngsters.

Mb5cWe1.jpg

Then some 1mm wire was bent to start forming the legs and roof structure. Getting these to match was a mission!

3w0V8ud.jpg

Some 2mm tubing was slipped over the wire to give the legs a better scale thickness, and straighten them up a bit. The wire has been left slightly long so I can plant it into a base

pWYMfHw.jpg

And a couple of wet wipes soaked in PVA were used to make the cover. I'll trim the overhang to length once dry, and may even add a layer of tissue or two to stiffen it up and smooth it out a bit.

bEBCqs7.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
And he's off!!...............Step right up folks Andy's at it again. Lovely start on your "Geebozo" sir...I'm absolutely blown away at the straight forward approach you employed in the construction of this less than solid structure. Well done.:smiling3:
Rick H.:thumb2:

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps.

I did try a couple of different methods Rick but they were all far too flimsy. The 3mm square tube is probably a bit over scale, equating to around 3" box section!, but since it's mostly hidden I think I'll get away with it.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps.

It was fairly stiff by this morning :flushed: so just gave it another coat of PVA to smooth the canvas out a bit. I've now started painting it, pictures to follow when it looks a bit better! :smiling5:

D

Deleted member 7181

I slapped some paint on the canopy, added some stabilising feet with tent peg holes, and some hooks for the guy lines. Not much progress but it's far too hot to work in the shed for long! :smiling6:

sOIzo3v.jpg

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, if you load any more accessories on there you will need my Scania to pull it off the campsite, brilliant work by the way.

Andy.

• Haha
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Ian, more to come I hope.

And I think you're right Andy, not sure how the standard engine is going to pull this lot. Maybe I should have gone for the porsche lump after all lol

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey, it's your model, if you say there's a Porsche in there, there is. The 4 banger would need to be a 'grenade' to pull this lashup smartly. PaulE

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing work andy , the gazebo is brilliant , top scratching , cheers tony

D

Deleted member 7181

You're right Paul, I'll just blag it.

Thanks Simon. Gay zebra, love it :smiling5:

And thanks Tony. I'm starting to run out of plastic profiles so need to re-stock!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Liking the Gyzmozebo Andy...and if this Andy syndrom carries on you'll need quite a sizable board for your base. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You I have a wonderful imagination Andy. Liking your work a lot