Beowulf Me109 (starter kit GB)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
and finished

will admit to a couple of tiny cheats

the moulding for the guns and pitot tubes were awful.....broke when i tried to take them off the sprue......so i stretched some of the sprue to make some new ones...........and an ariel wire too

i also used some tiny drops of ca to attach the wire and the canopy........no way was the canopy going to fit so i did it in the open position

2heisxw.jpg

5owiuh.jpg

33kxaiu.jpg

2ijruyw.jpg

wjas7r.jpg

ehbrm8.jpg

learnt a few things from this ........the paint isnt that bad....it needs primer really...but the pots it comes in are dreadful....get it everywhere when you open or close one.........the brush isnt fit for purpose!......turning into a sort of flat helped a lot.....and im so glad i dont have to use tube glue any more

interesting GB but im in no hurry to repeat the experience, found it quite challenging........now wheres me airbrush? :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Despite the all the problems we are still managing to pull off some decent results candidate that's not bad now go find that airbrush

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
That is actually a very nice result. Well done not only for ending up with a nice model but for sticking with it.
Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks good Paul. I don't see stretched sprue as cheating - assuming you used sprue from the kit!
Pete

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice result that. Have you seen the Extension to the GB @beowulf ?