Berdan Sharpshooter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4539

Wonderful work mate. We are our worst critics. Such wonderful support from the guys shows what a lovely little figure this really is. Well done sir
Cheers Steve :smiling3:.
It just hsppens from time to time.

D

Deleted member 6559

Nothing to beat yourself up about there Ralph - I also think it looks like a very fine paint-job indeed.

And at least you got it finished - I tried and failed with this one. I didn't think it was one of Moz's best sculpts in the first place and my casting was pretty poor and needed lots of work. Once I had replaced all of the missing parts I just couldn't do a decent job on all that green, so doubly well done there.

Also, you're not alone in thinking one's work sucks. I hate everything I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4539

Nothing to beat yourself up about there Ralph - I also think it looks like a very fine paint-job indeed.

And at least you got it finished - I tried and failed with this one. I didn't think it was one of Moz's best sculpts in the first place and my casting was pretty poor and needed lots of work. Once I had replaced all of the missing parts I just couldn't do a decent job on all that green, so doubly well done there.

Also, you're not alone in thinking one's work sucks. I hate everything I do.
Cheers Peter :smiling3:.
I agree the casting was poor,needed a lot of filler.
I swore at it numerous times.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hit the "Reply" button bottom right of the reply you want to quote, next to the "Like" button.
Or highlight the text you wish to quote and the reply button should appear.
If you have several that you want to quote together in one reply it gets more complicated. Some forum software offers a multi-quote option, but this one doesn't. It's possible by going backwards and forwards, cutting and pasting quoted replies as you go, but one at a time gets the job done.
Yes it does lol just go back to the post you want to quote and highlight the bit you want next.

Cheers

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ralph. Don’t be like that this is a great build and your up there with the best it looks great and let’s see another one

D

Deleted member 4539

Sorry, i may have missed something here, but whats wrong with this. looks mighty fine to my eye ! :thumb2: :smiling2:
I have to agree with other comments that you’re being too hard on yourself....looks good to me!
Jason
Ralph. Don’t be like that this is a great build and your up there with the best it looks great and let’s see another one
Cheers Guys.
My mind has been going then it completely went about two weeks ago.
Slowly getting back to the usual :smiling3:.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ralph, the paint work looks good and you've managed to get the figure together as I've heard of Peter's experience with it. Not your fault the molding is bad as I wonder how he's going to see his target through that bent telescope. :smiling2:

I think I would be proud of the finish.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I sometimes get over critical if one little thing gets to me. Like the poor gun scope rtfoe mentioned. Everytime I looked at the model I would only see it & be bummed. Thought the finishes & the build were excellent. PaulE

D

Deleted member 4539

Ralph, the paint work looks good and you've managed to get the figure together as I've heard of Peter's experience with it. Not your fault the molding is bad as I wonder how he's going to see his target through that bent telescope. :smiling2:

I think I would be proud of the finish.

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard :smiling3:.
It is a special scope to see over all the undulations of the ground.

D

Deleted member 4539

I sometimes get over critical if one little thing gets to me. Like the poor gun scope rtfoe mentioned. Everytime I looked at the model I would only see it & be bummed. Thought the finishes & the build were excellent. PaulE
Cheers Paul:smiling3:.
I could of used brass rod as a replacement but thought I would do more damage.