Bf109G-6 Barkhorn Pt 2

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I realise that it is beyond my Eclipse air canon to do 1/72 mottle cam. If it’s splinter or single colours it’s great - I would also guess it could manage 48 scale.

So I broke out the micron - I bodged it up a little - I need a paint mixer and perhaps another new compressor with a shorter air hose.

The working psi with a micron is right down there at 12 -15 so it is really sensitive to any variations in air flow.

Any way my new air laser was tested by none other than the man himself;

IMG_4494.jpeg

I got some serious splatter on the whole model - so had to paint over. Then the preshade is greatly reduced.

IMG_4512.jpegIMG_4513.jpegIMG_4514.jpeg

I will take this to near the end but may not bother with decals - I want to save them for a better build!

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
IMG_4519.jpegIMG_4518.jpegIMG_4517.jpegIMG_4516.jpegOn with the slog. Something I managed to do different this build was:

fit the mass weight underwing with superglue so as not to lose them

saw the single piece canopy into 3

drill hole for pilot tube and superglue

include the gunsight this time

try out some different paints - LifeColor

Its a bit of a drag and disappointment not to get the full benefit from a great airbrush but I just got to give it time

tomorrow - radio mast and decals. I’m going to go through with it even though the result is not what I wanted. I tried to improve mottle a little