big falcon

B

baz

Hi every one ,

here are a few images of my large scale millenium falcon which was completed about two years ago and is now in a private collection, she is 42 inches long 32 inches wide 8 inches high took 11 months to build and drove me nuts I began to number the panels which I had fitted but gave up in the end. All the construction is from plastic sheet evergreen rod tube and other shapes, unlike the original I used only a very few parts from kit sources %80 of the model is all hand cut pieces. Please let me know what you think, I will be postingsome of my of my other models as soon as I can

regards Baz

View attachment 63303

View attachment 63304

View attachment 63305

View attachment 63306

View attachment 63307

View attachment 63308

small falcon pics_225.jpg

small falcon pics_268.jpg

small falcon pics_091.jpg

small falcon pics_061.jpg

small falcon pics_076.jpg

small falcon pics_211.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A cracking model Baz, it must have taken ages to research all that detail.

Tony.

W

Waffen Bucks

I'm a little bit of a Star Wars fan myself...but that looks SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

B

baz

big falcon scratchbuild

Thank you gentlemen for your nice comments and for those of you who wondered how she was built I will be posting build photos as soon as I get them sized up a bit larger for you to see things a bit better I will have to admit the force was with me on this build but it did take a lot of plastic and I mean a lot .

regards Barrie.

View attachment 63443

DSCF0402.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Hi every one , here are a few images of my large scale millenium falcon which was completed about two years ago and is now in a private collection, she is 42 inches long 32 inches wide 8 inches high took 11 months to build and drove me nuts I began to number the panels which I had fitted but gave up in the end. All the construction is from plastic sheet evergreen rod tube and other shapes, unlike the original I used only a very few parts from kit sources %80 of the model is all hand cut pieces. Please let me know what you think, I will be postingsome of my of my other models as soon as I can

regards Baz
Now that......... Is absolutely awesome. Scratch built ???? and here I am struggling to follow instruction sheets and getting all those itty bitty plastic bits in the kit into the right places and the right way up. ........ Maybe I should take up "Cross Stitch" or Knitting or somesuch.

Peter

B

baz

big falcon scratchbuild

Hi every one, thanks once again, Peter let me tell you not all models look as good as the falcon, I have been scratchbuilding for many years and if you wereto see some of my early models you would laugh yourself silly, they were terrible. I just kept going and learnt from other model makers asked for advise and got it as model people seem to be so helpfull. just for a change throw away the instructions and have a go at a scratchbuild you may be surprised at what you can achieve, if you need any help let me know,

here are a few more build pics, best regards Barrie.

View attachment 63459

View attachment 63460

View attachment 63461

View attachment 63462

View attachment 63463

View attachment 63464

View attachment 63465

View attachment 63466

View attachment 63467

DSCF8956.jpg

DSCF9141.jpg

DSCF9296.jpg