Bigger airbrush

B

Blacklisted

Hi guys can anyone offer advice on getting a bigger airbrush, the one I am using just now has 0.3MM needle and it just doesn't cut the mustard spraying large areas like painting a 1:32 model.

cheers

F

Fenlander

I can only refer you to my own choice, it has a .5mm needle as standard, will be getting a .3 for it as well though. John also did a review of this some time ago and it is available from the Forum Shop

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/chit-chat/10141-another-rung-up-ladder.html

M

m1ks

Depending on the make and model of the brush, you can buy a 0.5mm needle, tip and nozzle set which is far cheaper than buying another brush entirely.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I spray all my 1/32 models with a 0.35mm nozzle. It takes a while and (particularly as I use acrylic paints) you have to resist the temptation to spray from too far away but I manage to get them done.

Cheers

Steve

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
What make do you have now? what is your budget? if you already have a good branded AB like Iwata, badger etc then like others have said a new needle and nozzle would be the way forward, however if you want to upgrade to a better one then I agree with Graham the Iwata revolution CR is a really well priced AB and I've not had any problems with mine at all.