Billings boat's HMS Bounty.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I couldn't wait to get my paw's on this one as it's been teasing me so it's time to bite the bullet and dive in the handy thing is that it's laser cut witch certainly helps and the keel has already been built witch saves a bit of time.328822328823328824328825328826328827328828328829328830328831

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
youve got me watching cos i have a wood boat kit in the stash and ive always chickened out from starting it

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Very nice Peter, like Paul I’m watching too for the mojo to tackle my own wooden kits.:smiling:

Is the rolled cloth the sails?

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Peter

It looks a project and a half! i look forward to following your build.

Peter

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
good luck with the 'Bounty' - I made the Mantua HMS Racehorse many years ago, and it was a protracted build! Plank on frame is very time consuming, and when you have to apply the veneer over the hull planking.......................and then the rigging!
I made it for my mother who loved sailing ships - sadly the model vanished. She had a habit of tidying up & getting rid of 'clutter' , which got worse as dementia advanced. I still wonder if the model is decaying in landfill, or is still on someone's mantelpiece
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
I'll watch with interest. I have seen these wooden boat kits advertised but I've never seen one built.
Jim

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have now got the deck attached without to much problems the only thing is I have ended up with a gap a the stern end but it seems to line up with sides so when I start planking I should be able to cover the gap up.
And I have dry fitted two skylights.329148329149329150329151

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter you are doin a v-nice job on her as im a boaty as well an I hope to start my build soon but back to your ship what scale is she an the length an beam ? an will this be a sailin one or static ?
as ive seen these ships sail quite nice with a good keel wheight an I will be pullin up a chair to whatch your build as you are putting some nice big pics on so its easy to see an understand the build good luck
chris

Last edited:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
HI Peter you are doin a v-nice job on her as im a boaty as well an I hope to start my build soon but back to your ship what scale is she an the length an beam ? an will this be a sailin one or static ?
as ive seen these ships sail quite nice with a good keel wheight an I will be pullin up a chair to whatch your build as you are putting some nice big pics on so its easy to see an understand the build good luck
chris
I will be doing static as I am miles away from any water or clubs.
1\50 scale

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter well that deck you have build looks just like the real thing v-nice indeed an great to see some nice big pics as all the detail can be seen an you
done well to build them steps in a day or so an the skylite. but them portholes did they come with the kit as im looking for some like that for my new build when I get that far
chris

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
HI Peter well that deck you have build looks just like the real thing v-nice indeed an great to see some nice big pics as all the detail can be seen an you
done well to build them steps in a day or so an the skylite. but them portholes did they come with the kit as im looking for some like that for my new build when I get that far
chris
The portholes are part of the kit but they can be brought separately.