Billings boat's HMS Bounty.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
The planking is nicely done Peter.:thumb2:

Reminds me of a Spanish jolly boat I built a while ago, very time-consuming but when finished very rewarding.:smiling:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Whhhaaaaattttt???, laser cut, keel already built, whatever happened to boat building, where is the smell of glue boiling on the stove, the smell of wood shavings....
This is looking very good Peter, are you pinning the plank or are those pins just holding, and did you have to steam the planks first?? I could be seriously tempted into a build like this, well impressed.
Cheers, Mike

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Whhhaaaaattttt???, laser cut, keel already built, whatever happened to boat building, where is the smell of glue boiling on the stove, the smell of wood shavings....
This is looking very good Peter, are you pinning the plank or are those pins just holding, and did you have to steam the planks first?? I could be seriously tempted into a build like this, well impressed.
Cheers, Mike
Pins are just for holding and the planks only need a quick soak in water as they are very forgiving.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cheers, Mike
what mike said im impressed
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Drooling at the thought of all that beautiful planking.g
John .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes have to agree with Jim on that Peter, li looks a treat .
John.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lovely bit of plankin Peter an now you got the job I hate an that's filling all the cracks an then sanding down the hull are you gonna use sandin sealer on the wood ? as that's what I will have to use when I get that far on my 8ft hms tiger hull if I can build her ok that is. But anyway a crackin job well done an very neat on the bow I tip my hat to you sir
chris