First Name
Ian

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What? No doors and windows you say! lol

That looks nice but I can't see how Tamiya can justify what they're charging for it. Most places it's just a few pence short of £20. Is it really that good?

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Duh! The doors and windows are of course in the kit!! It was the decals I mean. Having read it back it does sound a bit odd LOL.

The 1/35 version has the pait and decal scemes for four army version. The 1/48 has two army and the RAF markings. I think it a bit odd!

Is it worth the money? Thats a tricky question. I gave kr200 for it in Denmark, which is actually about the norm for a small 1/35 kit!!!

The mouldings are clean and crisp and the detail is pretty good. There is a full engine under the bonnet and every thing fits like a dream. The whole kit just fell together. so in that respect yep its a great little kit of a great little van. Just a thought. Would you be able to park this in front of the 1/32 spitfire and get away with it?

Any way. I found some small white letters and could actually make RAF from them, so the doors are now drying off with a splash of gloss varnish ready for the lettering. I just need to either find or paint a tiny; 5mm roundel for the front wing and the tail gate... then trim the wheel arches with white.

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Have to say I fancy the 1:48 version of this for a 'scenic base' with something... Mmmm now I wonder what? Tamiya used to do a 1:48 Mossie with one of them in the box.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I actually wanted the 1/48 but as you say Graham not to many about. Would be good for a airfield dio. Airfix? what happend to all those loverly old cars in 1/32. Just picture a little dio with a couple of pilots and a groud crew. MG parked by the hut, the dog running off with the cricket ball.....

Come on tamiya/Dragon/academy/italeri/ get your act together. standardise your scales so we the paying customer can build what we want in the scale we want. IN THE SAME SCALE!!!

Huh? sorry what happend there?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Question: Matt, satin or glossy?

Can I assume that as it was a military vehicle it was matt

Can I assume that as it was land based in the UK it might have been a bit shiny?

Can I assume that as it was the RAF it would of been washed quite often in attempts to pass the time waiting for the scramble alarm.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
F

Fenlander

You know, the more I see this the more I fancy getting one, will have to be 1:48 though even though it will be less detailed. Really fancy the Mosquito set now must get some self control.