Bits bin

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Last, but not least in this trio of tips, for a cheap and simple bits bin, buy a bunch of matchboxes (10 for a quid or so), then simply glue them together, side by side, and top to bottom, to make a set of "drawers". Instant storage for your small parts, and you can label each. As an added bonus, once you remove the match head, you have pretty good scale timber, ready to add to your diorama.
Thanks to my dear old dad for this one. Also forever grateful to him for starting my interest in modelling.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
How come I manage to get in any posts with the mere mention of either accelerant, hair spray, matches, or combustible materials ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
How come I manage to get in any posts with the mere mention of either accelerant, hair spray, matches, or combustible materials ;)

We're just jealous of your expertise as a known pyromaniac :smiling3: ! .... and it's always good to have a wide range of experts to call on when their special talents may be needed by us mere mortals.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve

Its a double edged sword mate because you are always mentioned in posts that talk about heart throbs, international playboys, gigolo, stud, and all round great guy.

Great tip as well Dale. Nice one!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I will remember to tone down the topic of Chinese New Year and fireworks next year. :smiling2:

BTW Dale, I have quite a collection of plastic containers that name cards come in from the printers. Great free storage for my small parts.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I am intrigued now though. What exactly do you do @John Race ? Is there a website I can look at?

Atb.
Er no not really Dale , but the guys on here know quite well by now I do use fire in the production of my dios. Roofs and tarps have been set on fire. Much to the amusement of the forum members. There is one coming up in the future .I shall let you know well in advance of the time date and place. Of course the front 4 rows are always left clear, the next rows consist of members with fire fighting experience or extinguishers :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Those of us with evil grins on our faces just have to crane our necks over the health and safety rows to get a better view….
YEA Tim:thinking: i'll jion you there well back just to make sure J/R knows what he doin as just in case he blows himself up lol;):flushed::face-with-head-bandage::rolling::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
chris

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
for a cheap and simple bits bin, buy a bunch of matchboxes (10 for a quid or so), then simply glue them together, side by side, and top to bottom, to make a set of "drawers". Instant storage for your small parts
I hope you’re not suggesting this as a way to store leftover parts from kits — I would need to buy a great deal of matchboxes for all of those I have :smiling3:

First Name
Andy
Er no not really Dale , but the guys on here know quite well by now I do use fire in the production of my dios. Roofs and tarps have been set on fire. Much to the amusement of the forum members. There is one coming up in the future .I shall let you know well in advance of the time date and place. Of course the front 4 rows are always left clear, the next rows consist of members with fire fighting experience or extinguishers :smiling3:
John, can you wait until I finish building the Soviet fire truck? ;)

Andy.

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
I look forward to seeing some soon. Watching this space with intersst (and from a safe distance).