Bits bin

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
..... and just to think.....
all that time ago when i allowed Mr.Race into the cab of my Precious van.......
.... Little did i realise the nutter sat beside me!!:anguished::astonished::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Than is completely unfair Mr Smith, I was on my best behaviour that week and had been heavily medicated:nerd::smiling3::smiling3:;)

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Certainly Andy, how's it progressing, I must have a look have you updated your blog ?
Not yet John as my attic workspace has been like an oven in the hot weather, however, rain is forecast so that should cool it down a bit and help my wallet as I have been out on the bike almost every day for a couple of weeks and petrol is not getting any cheaper. :confused:

Andy.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Let’s just say that just my Sherman spares need the box of an Asuka M4A4 for the suspension and track parts, plus one from a MiniArt M3 for the rest …

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
For you guys that have buckets of spare part, may I suggest just that - bit buckets? Failing that, suitcases may work? (JK :smiling5: ). Seriously though, if you haven't already got storage sorted, those electronics and arts and crafts drawers could world well?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
They do indeed. Here’s three of my four:

2CED0B95-C2D4-4336-848C-CF272EF98AAE.jpeg

The tan one on the left is all old stuff, pretty much from three or four decades ago that I never actually use anymore. The black ones is two on top of each other; the top one contains mostly Warhammer 40,000 and other SF/fantasy wargaming bitz (as you’re supposed to spell it for that), the bottom one is almost exclusively 1:35 scale stuff, like in these drawers I opened at random:

C6D8E9D1-79E7-4D5D-94CC-2E57E192641F.jpeg

Also, I use a couple of other containers with separate compartments:

10869A22-F763-4579-AB68-8B552FBEAE20.jpeg

But my main military vehicle spares boxes are:

D0FE98E4-FDAD-47D9-8AAE-D73ED05F45A5.jpeg

From the top: Sherman spares, Sherman wheels and tracks, most miscellaneous vehicles (other than Shermans, M26/46/47/48/60s and M113s), wheels and tracks (except for those mentioned separately), M26/46/47/48/60 spares (incl. wheels and tracks), more wheels and tracks, and a box with some old stuff I never use. The box with M113 spares isn’t even in the photo, nor are the (much smaller) ones with stuff like 1:72 military vehicle spares, aircraft spares, and more.

Do I need that many boxes? Well, judge for yourself — this is just the Sherman spares, with the instruction sheets I also keep in the box removed so you can actually see the parts:

28EF7F95-806B-4039-A9A2-BFDC670348E9.jpeg

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
They do indeed. Here’s three of my four:

Do I need that many boxes? Well, judge for yourself — this is just the Sherman spares, with the instruction sheets I also keep in the box removed so you can actually see the parts:

Ooh. Just. Gorgeous. I'm a little jealous if I'm honest. Just give me a few years... ;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
This is the point you’re likely to get to when you seriously build models for thirty years (though not always as intensively) but never throw anything away that might be useful. It is getting a bit ridiculous, really — why do I need three sets of 17-pounder Sherman parts? Truth is, I don’t, and will probably never use most of what’s in those sprues, but they were surplus in kits so I still have them. Throwing them away would be wasteful, but I doubt I could even give them away because anyone who might need them, buys a Sherman IC or VC kit that includes them anyway …