Blackjack.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Tupolev tu 160 Russian supersonic bomber zvezda 1/144.
This looks like a pretty straight forward kit, wings can be set in three different positions, test fit of the fuselage looks good,a couple of sink marks on the top which I may or may not do anything about,only real issue I can see is the wings are a bit banana looking so they are clamped up and will be spending some while on a radiator,cockpit done and painted but to be honest the windows are so small you probably wouldn't notice if it wasn't there at all.20211002_194026.jpg20211002_204359.jpg20211002_204029.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one mark , ive built this and its a great kit , nicely detailed and surprisingly large when done . Cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Mark,
got this in the stash, and did quite a bit of research on what happens when the wings are swept back - there are precious few pictures with the vertical stabilisers deployed, - the wings are only swept in flight, so this feature is never seen on the ground ( if the wings are swept the plane tips over backwards ). I've been thinking of a way to show it in flight at supersonic speed................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
It's not surprising that photos aren't common a) It's Russian! b) You have to be going pretty fast to be able to swing the wings back - and even faster to be in front of it to get a decent picture!
Dave

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark,
got this in the stash, and did quite a bit of research on what happens when the wings are swept back - there are precious few pictures with the vertical stabilisers deployed, - the wings are only swept in flight, so this feature is never seen on the ground ( if the wings are swept the plane tips over backwards ). I've been thinking of a way to show it in flight at supersonic speed................
Dave
Hi dave, it's a nice kit goes together well and a nice quick one, a slight bow in the wings to sort out but no big deal.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Dave,
you piqued my interest with the 'stabiliser' comment, so off i went looking around the web for more info, and I now understand what you meant by it...

View attachment 435655

I also found this huge image of it's internal layout /Build up.. she's a big bird indeed.

They wings have three positions, there only half way back in the picture, it is big!not sure about wingspan but longer than a b52.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
Looks to be a decent kit judging by the speed it went together. These things were huge. Are you intending to show it in flight?
Jim

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi Jim, yes a quick build,first zvezda kit I've done and will be doing more, won't be in flight,the wheels will add detail to what would be a plain looking plane otherwise as not many decals.