Blast from the past - Chota Sahib Gordon Highlander 1918

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Hi all. I'm back from my six month sojourn in Cyprus and enjoying a couple of months of leave. The weather has been crap the last few days so I decided to revamp this wee fella. I think I painted him when I was about 16!

Before and after a dettol bath and undercoat with Halford's best.

_20181108_195929.JPG
_20210508_145840.JPG

And the finished facelift:

_20210510_142135.JPG
_20210510_141943.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice paint job windy, he has a very “Scottish “ face to me, a bit like Fulton Mackay’s grandad.....
Haven’t heard the name Chota Sahib for ages either, they look like pretty good sculpts. I actually think your sixteen year old version was very good as well, it looks a little like a faded period watercolour.....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have to agree with Tim, like both of them.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
If i remember correctly Chota Sahib (little master?) was the late Sid Hortens company he did a lot of articles in the airfix magazine converting their 54mm napolionic stuff and the epic build of the painting of the return of the few from the charge of the light brigade, probably 40 plus years ago ,yes I am old . Dave. Oh nice work by the way see told you I was old.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
If i remember correctly Chota Sahib (little master?) was the late Sid Hortens company he did a lot of articles in the airfix magazine converting their 54mm napolionic stuff and the epic build of the painting of the return of the few from the charge of the light brigade, probably 40 plus years ago ,yes I am old . Dave. Oh nice work by the way see told you I was old.
On your bike :nerd::smiling2:.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Alex,

As others have said the first effort by was not bad at all but I can see the difference with the second one.

Well done.

Andrew

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Thanks chaps. It's good to be back. Yes Steve, UN Tour. Cyprus should have been great fun but because of the wretched bug ended up being pretty dull. We were confined to camp for over four months. Thank God for a decent CO who decided to keep the Messes open!

Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks chaps. It's good to be back. Yes Steve, UN Tour. Cyprus should have been great fun but because of the wretched bug ended up being pretty dull. We were confined to camp for over four months. Thank God for a decent CO who decided to keep the Messes open!
Generally 'decent CO' can be an oxymoron - but in this instance I raise my glass to him!