Blohm & Voss BV 141

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just completed the Blohm & Voss BV 141. The scale is 1/48. It's the first hobby boss kit I have built. Quite a simple kit with no major issues. It is brush painted with revell acrylics. I did the canopy freehand. I was going to get a masking kit but the plastic had been prepared in a way that painting was not too bad and the paint keyed well.
With it being a strange looking plane it's given me the appetite to look out for other "strange" looking planes.
Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed making.IMG_20200214_221702.jpgIMG_20200214_221625.jpgIMG_20200214_221613.jpgIMG_20200214_221605.jpgIMG_20200214_221514.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_221538.jpg
    IMG_20200214_221538.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good Paul.
i have this in the stash and your is wetting my appetite....strange looking beast isn’t it....

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking very good. I think someone posted or provided a link to the backstory of this unusual design. PaulE

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Very nice model Paul,
It must have been weird to fly such a plane, as the pilot is not sitting in the center.
A lot of glass too, the handpainting turned out nice :thumb2:
Steven

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job paul , love it . Those canopies give me nightmares though!!! Top work on the hand painting . Cheers tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The cockpit/crew pod sort of reminds me of that flying contraption in "Raiders of the lost Ark". Very different yet attractive in a strange sort of way. Great result all around Paul. Thanks for sharing this. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nicely built Paul you must a very steady hand to handpaint that cockpit glass as when I try to do something like that im ok at the start then about halfway through I get the shakes then have to leave it abit till im able to have another go but you say you like weid planes why not have a go at that double hienkel plane
chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job Paul, and yes it's a very strange aircraft, one which, I've always wondered 'Why' I really can't see what the advantage was to designing the aircraft like this.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm doing a bit of research on strange looking planes. Don't know if it's just me but most seem to be German. I've seen some good pictures but then I have to see if there are any actual kits of them. Still, it keeps me quiet on off the streets.
Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Colin
The concept is that this aircraft was designed for reconnaissance duties. The single offset boom gives better visibility to the cockpit bubble, so makes it better able to perform that role. In trials it performed better than the FW 189, but the FW was adopted because operational pilots didn’t have confidence in the offset design.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
That's a great result. Such an odd looking plane - almost looks incomplete. The canopy painting has worked a treat.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Paul a very weid lookin plane indeed but any chance of an under side shot as id like to see how its laid out an did you do a build of this as ive looked in aircraft under contruction an cant see it an no swastika ?
chris

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
HI Paul a very weid lookin plane indeed but any chance of an under side shot as id like to see how its laid out an did you do a build of this as ive looked in aircraft under contruction an cant see it an no swastika ?
chris
Hi Chris I didn't take any pics during the build. I will take some underneath pics later and put them on this thread. As for the swastikas, I've got some. There is a stigma with them but I think I will put them on for the historical factor.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Nicely done Paul, especially that canopy! I built the Airfix 1/72 version of this last year, for the same reason - it's such a weird looking plane. I bought a mask set though!
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris I didn't take any pics during the build. I will take some underneath pics later and put them on this thread. As for the swastikas, I've got some. There is a stigma with them but I think I will put them on for the historical factor.
HI again Paul oh that's a pity no build pics as I wold have liked to have seen them if you do any other weird planes could we have build pic please as I like to look at everything on here if poss as im retired an can only work so long on my tiger as its quite tirein for me an there is a load of junk on the telly as jen likes to watch all the soaps so I plough through the builds on here getting old im afraid an yes please with the swastika as im sure the real plane had one great stuff
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Paul the plane looks great an how it should do in my opinion an the underside
was a I thought it would be but sometime with these weid designs there is always the unexspected but a lovely model all the same an very superb paint finish very well done a model to be proud of really show that you are a top moddeler
chris