Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
trying to vary the detailing of the building facade by changing between the jobs - going from destroying masonry to connecting utilities..... - decided to redo the mains running from the ground by encasing it a tube - seen that done in Denmark - keeping the cable out of reach from passersbys on the street.
FyUvoW9[1].jpg

I have no idea what the English word for this is - junction box or the like - cables for the many AC's on the building will connect to this
PVNTw61[1].jpg

Rather than use the brackets included in the set i decided to use a more "makeshift" looking hook for the mounting the cables

AfCblnS[1].jpg

Me trying to get a non - gravity defying - look to cobber wire cables ......

npqi1yI[1].jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steven hi .
From the junction boxes to the looped wire, and rough block work its looking very realistic.
I'm enjoying watching this.:thumb2:
John.

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thanks for the kind words - they keep me at it :smiling3:

Before I mount the very top of the building - a low wall surrounding the the roof, I wanted to show how it works in the overall narrative of the "lone boy on rooftop throwing a molotov".
Here is our protagonist in his OOUB pose:
nI0BDA7[1].jpg
dEbFlEx[1].jpg

Rather than having to re- position his raised right leg I thought I would have him supporting himself on the wall
I will however have to bend him more at the waist to have him throwing downwards instead of straight ahead:
6f9lIbf[1].jpg
IWzZgRE[1].jpg

I could put a rifle in his empty hand and have him supporting himself slightly on the butt of the rifle - what do you think?
C&C welcomed

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I agree, good pose Steven, with maybe a Kalashikov.
John.

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
- thanks John- yeah,- an ak 47 would do nicely

Now, still working on the exterior details - specifically wiring - did manage to mount another AC unit - with wiring - decided to ditch the brackets form the RM set and make some simpler ones.
Jd7kcJP[1].jpgN0MkBXw[1].jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brkts look good Steven.
I see some cable clips, what did you glue them with please.
That bricked up wall is spot on, you have the whole look right.:thumb2:
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thant's interesting thanks , I've been careful not to get too much CA on the foam board fearing it would eat it away. I've used UHU POR, but is rather thick, but clear .
John .

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
It does eat a tiny bit away almost not visible if you are doing a rough surface and I believe you are, it prob will not be a problem
After looking in on your fab work with the buildings in your blog, I bought a tube of UHO POR. at first I was not terribly impress with the adhesive qualities. it says that one should apply , then wait 10 min, and then press together - that did not work at all for me -applying and then pressing together without waiting however did produce a good bound - will try using it at length to mount the sides and floors

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steven .
Think your right on the CA, it is a rough wall, using little is ok .
Now for the waiting 10 minutes, I think this must apply to a none absorbent surface, on the foam board it sinks in and before you know it is dry. I've had to reapply at times.
I find putting a bead in the center of the wall end, on one surface only, press together and then pin and or tape using Tamiya. Give this overnight and its fine. There's always something else to do while that's drying :smiling2:
John .

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Steven,
I found on my recent Range Rover base that No Nails works well for sticking bits to blue foam and foam to foam.

Don't forget the fridge pipes that run into the building to the indoor units - over here they normally get insulated with black or grey phenolic foam

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excuse us Steven .

Steven,
I found on my recent Range Rover base that No Nails works well for sticking bits to blue foam and foam to foam.

Don't forget the fridge pipes that run into the building to the indoor units - over here they normally get insulated with black or grey phenolic foam
That's interesting Simon, I was under the impression that it wouldnt work with Kappaline form board. I have a tube in the store at Race towers and will try on some scrap. Much cheaper than UHU POR .
John .

Thank you :smiling2:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi John - maybe different versions of No Nails??
Stuff I used was in a big toothpaste like squeeze tube and the glue was very thick not runny

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steven
Very impressive work on the building. Love all the small details.
Congratulations on the little addition to the family.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John - maybe different versions of No Nails??
Stuff I used was in a big toothpaste like squeeze tube and the glue was very thick not runny
Excuse us again Steven .

Simon..
The standard version and the one I think you mean in the large tube are the same and is made by in the UK by Unibond. The one I was thinking of is in the std tube, and manufactured by. Everbuild. Going to try it this afternoon The spec on the Ever build says it will join PUfoam Styrofoam. So I may well be in luck.
Unfortunately the information regarding what it will stick or not is not specified on the Unibond site. Probely the same make up but by differing company's .
John.

Thanks again Steven.
John.

Attachments

• Instant-Nails-V1.1.pdf
    165.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
N
Excuse us again Steven .

Simon..
The standard version and the one I think you mean in the large tube are the same and is made by in the UK by Unibond. The one I was thinking of is in the std tube, and manufactured by. Everbuild. Going to try it this afternoon The spec on the Ever build says it will join PUfoam Styrofoam. So I may well be in luck.
Unfortunately the information regarding what it will stick or not is not specified on the Unibond site. Probely the same make up but by differing company's .
John.

Thanks again Steven.
John.
No worries mate, feel free :smiling3: