BMW 3.5 CSL Imitative Racer ISMA winner

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
Here is my 1/16 entry... A Zhengdefu Imitative racer BMW 3.5 CSL Stuck Redman Car.


BMW CSL 3.5 racing car, white/red/blue, racing no.25, Imsa Sebring 12 Hrs. 1975 Winners Redman / Moffat / Posey / Stuck.


Some links to help with the build:


http://sgrallying.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-bmw-csl-in-america-and-dawn-of-new.html


http://www.swapmeet-models.co.uk/minichamps/pg752925-bmw-csl-25.htm


http://www.topspeed.com/cars/bmw/1975-bmw-30-csl-ar164835.html




and the pics of mine for the Build:


View attachment 118904



View attachment 118905


IMAG0858.jpg

14416260500591561705429.jpg
 

dubster72

Patrick
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
6,957
Points
113
First Name
Patrick
Now that's a beautiful car! I love the shark-nosed Beemers, reminds me of my old M5
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
\ said:
Now that's a beautiful car! I love the shark-nosed Beemers, reminds me of my old M5
Lucky man to have had one... Guy at my work has a new ish one the last gen v10. Ho Lee crap. Bmw's do not normally sound amazing being straight 6's for the best part. This thing sounds awesome lol


Also do you have pics
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
I'm going to make a big push to finish the 360 in the next week or so while prepping the BMW Sprues for primer. I'm going to make a real effort to build this before Christmas but I do have a baby coming haha
 

dubster72

Patrick
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
6,957
Points
113
First Name
Patrick
\ said:
Lucky man to have had one... Guy at my work has a new ish one the last gen v10. Ho Lee crap. Bmw's do not normally sound amazing being straight 6's for the best part. This thing sounds awesome lol
Also do you have pics
No pics Dougie, this was 20 years ago & if I took any they've long been lost :sad:


It's not as much by today's standards, but neatly 300 bhp going through the rear wheels made for a lively drive in the wet! ;)
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
\ said:
No pics Dougie, this was 20 years ago & if I took any they've long been lost :sad:
It's not as much by today's standards, but neatly 300 bhp going through the rear wheels made for a lively drive in the wet! ;)
Nice one man, I have 250 bhp through 4 wheels and I know the car really should have had 300. That must have been a hoot to drive. Pity about the pics :sad:
 

papa 695

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
SMF Supporter
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
17,058
Points
113
First Name
Ian
Not a car man myself but will watch this one Dougie. I should get some good car building tips
 

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
2,972
Points
113
First Name
Paul
Hi Dougie


I don't think I've ever seen a 1/16 car build before. How big is the body? I think it should be pretty impressive when complete.


Looking forward to the progress.


Cheers


P
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
\ said:
Not a car man myself but will watch this one Dougie. I should get some good car building tips
Aye by watching what not to do haha...


Cheers for the support though ;)
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
\ said:
Hi Dougie
I don't think I've ever seen a 1/16 car build before. How big is the body? I think it should be pretty impressive when complete.


Looking forward to the progress.


Cheers


P
There are a good few 1/16 kits from a few years back, fujimi did some a while back but I think nowadays they are not really made.


This batmobile is about 290*125*100mm l*w*h


I have this, a fujimi Ferrari 288 GTO and a fujimi f40.


I need an f40 in 1/12 haha but no I'm not that well off, they seem to cost the earth.


Cheers mate
 

Lee W

Temperamental... or just mental?!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
2,502
Points
113
Location
Dorset
First Name
Lee
Should be an interesting build


Lee :smiling3:
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
\ said:
Should be an interesting build
Lee :smiling3:
Cheers, will be starting this towards the end of the month after I finishs couple of things... Probably won't finish it for the end of the year though haha
 

Lee W

Temperamental... or just mental?!
SMF Supporter
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
2,502
Points
113
Location
Dorset
First Name
Lee
\ said:
Cheers, will be starting this towards the end of the month after I finishs couple of things... Probably won't finish it for the end of the year though haha
A finish is a finish Dougie...it doesn't matter when and besides...we are model makers...we never 100% finish a kit! :D


Lee :smiling3:
 

colin m

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
SMF Supporter
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
6,668
Points
113
Location
Stafford, UK
First Name
Colin
I love the look of these old BMW's. Whilst not in the same league, I did have an RS2000 X pack, which had similar huge square arches over the wheels. That was quite a different sight on the roads.
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
\ said:
I love the look of these old BMW's. Whilst not in the same league, I did have an RS2000 X pack, which had similar huge square arches over the wheels. That was quite a different sight on the roads.
Mate do you have pics, that's awesome. Speaking of rs2000's seen the episode of wheeler dealers where they do up an old escort conversion for rallying. Was a good watch.
 

dubster72

Patrick
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
6,957
Points
113
First Name
Patrick
There's a red CSI near me, sometimes I vary my route to the station just to look at it!


My teenage dream was a RS3000 Capri X pack - totally impractical, but what a looker!
 

dougie

searching for the time to build and post on SMF!
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,705
Points
113
Location
Dunfermline, Scotland
First Name
Dougi3
\ said:
There's a red CSI near me, sometimes I vary my route to the station just to look at it!
My teenage dream was a RS3000 Capri X pack - totally impractical, but what a looker!
Don't blame you, stunning motors. I seen an old quattro in red in Bergen and had to stop to take a couple of pics. Some cars are just stunning. Love the old integrales as well. Shoe box on wheels.


What about this bad boy, a guy saw the new csl homage and thought... That just isn't good enough. Came up with this...


View attachment 121240



What I wouldn't do to build that even curb side

khyzyl-saleem-e9-homage-csl-race-car-title.jpg
 

dubster72

Patrick
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
6,957
Points
113
First Name
Patrick
If you built that, I'd sit outside & just happily gaze at it for hours Dougie!


I had an Integrale 16v in yellow. Excellent car (200 brake & permanent 4WD for the unwary!) ,but bits dropped off it at regular intervals ...must be my driving style! ;)
 
Top