BMW R75 - Panzer Grey Q

AFC

First Name
Andre
While the M151 project is being finalized, I'm putting together some of the things I need for my next project - a BMW R75 with Sidecar from Tamiya (1/35)

My first problem is, as always, the main colours to be used!!

I'd like to build the Panzer Grey version of the bike and, therefore, these are the paints I'm considering using:

- Infantrymen (wearing an overcoat) uniforms and Motorcycle - First coat of German Grey (Vallejo Model Colours 995 or Tamyia XF-63) and Field Grey/Panzer Grey afterwards (Vallejo Model Colours 830 or Tamiya XF22 RLM Grey)

- Motorcycle soldier uniform - Grey

Also, are the colours above the right ones?

Finally, the instructions booklet tells me to use Grey on the motard's uniform. I'm thinking of using Vallejo Model Colours 987 (the equivalent to Tamiya XF-20). Is this the correct one?

I've been using Vallejo Model Colours and I'm quite happy with them. Is Tamyia producing "more reliable" paints for this purpose?

Thanks!!

AC

AFC

First Name
Andre
Hi Guys,

Sorry to re-open this one again, but I'm really confused.

To do the above I bought Tamiya XF-65 for the "field grey" part of painting. However the field is a bit green-ish. When "googling" for Tamiya XF-65 I get different collours...a green-ish and a grey/blue-ish as shown below...but if the reference (XF-65) is the same, shouldn't it be one colour only??? :emo6:

Is the green-ish one good enough for a field grey BMW R75 from 1939?

View attachment 29915

Thank you

Cheers

Andre

View attachment 35138

xf-65.jpg