BNSF Duluth-Superior c 2000-2010

W

Woderwick

Hello, here are some shots of my Npire.

Here was the original plan.

But as with all projects, things change. I have been working on the grain elevator, modelled on one the Rices point jobs at Twin cities (Duluth-Superior) Empty cat food boxes and postal tubes are the staple, well the tubes were from Staples. The trick he is not to simply stick the tubes together so there is a tight join. The prototypes were of slip concrete construction (continuous pouring) and there is a gentle continuous, seamless run from one tower to the next. This also produces the characteristic striping on the towers as the formwork rises.

I designed the texture in PShop after pouring over loads of pics and I think I am now happy with the colour and texture. These were printed off onto thin card and glued to the carcase.

Fogs rolling in off da lake.

Back to the Elevator for a bit. I was nt really happy with the colour and texture, so I stripped them and put a new overlay on. Less of a pink tinge now.

Getting there.

Unloading

Laters

B

Bunkerbarge

That grain elevator is quite amazing. The modeling is superb and the concrete looks extreemly effective. Great layout and lovely weatherin on the rolling stock.