boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An a hull joint SHOT to show where the armour belt will be cut an I have also got to do a difficult 45/degress's bevel on all edges of the A/ BELT AN PLEASE exscuse if the carpet looks a bit hairy but we have a pure white cat called snowball an she is a house cat an stays in all the while as we live near a main road IMG_4669.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Christopher
Looking very good. Still taking in the size of this.
Jim
HI Jim thanks for your comment an yes the tiger is goin to be a little bit on the big size just imagine if I had built it in 1/32nd

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Nice cat! Ours is a black/white longhair, who sheds all over the place, but especially on my lap.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice cat! Ours is a black/white longhair, who sheds all over the place, but especially on my lap.
Pete
Yea Pete same with me but you wont want to be without it though would you
chris

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Just catching up after a few weeks away, and your build is coming along nicely, great looking job.

Peter

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Coming alone very nicely Chris

Love cats, got 4 of the lazy buggers. Not allowed to call one Stug !

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Coming alone very nicely Chris

Love cats, got 4 of the lazy buggers. Not allowed to call one Stug !
GOT 4 eh Bob good on you an yes snowballs lazy after she's had a good feed she goes back to sleep with renewed vigor :smiling:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Had 6 in the past and if a stray turned up we would not turn it away! We both help out a cat charity in Cardiff when we can, ah the beasts are stiring as its nearly supper time

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS a small update as cant do anything more on tiger as its got to glue for a day or so so I thought id put some pics on to keep busy as if I relax in my chair be asleep before I know it
here in this pic I am still tryin to fit the armour belt onto hull so ive taped it all down to see if it will fit all the hull contoursIMG_4670.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NXT PIC ive began gluein the A/BELT to the hull an must get this right or the rear section will not line up an then I will be really in itIMG_4671.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
IN THIS NXT PIC if you look at the top of the A/BELT there is about a half an inch gap not good an its got to be pulled down onto the hull to glue just got to hope it will but im enjoyin the challenge of this buildIMG_4672.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN MY FIRST purchase on tiger an its a bowthruster as im gonna need it to keep her on station when on the pond so I don't hit other peoples boatsIMG_4673.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Are you going to fit one at the stern as well Chris?
Pete
HI Pete no need as the main engines will control the stern an far to costly to buy another this one cost a arm an a leg lol
cheers chris

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
OK, I have no idea of the cost of boaty parts these days, it's over 50 years since I built a boat, and that just had one motor and no RC.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OK, I have no idea of the cost of boaty parts these days, it's over 50 years since I built a boat, and that just had one motor and no RC.
Pete
Well Pete let me just say that this is a very exspensive hobby now that's why I scratch build if I can an buy things a little at a time