boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here most of the jib built but i had to fit the wire ropes roller wheels inside the crane jib due to the size as its nr a foot long so i fitted on the hinges so that it can do what you see in the bottom pic so it does'nt get damagded in tranport P1020569.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an ive made it so that it folds back on itself so no damage in transport an when im ready to lay it out all ive got to do is just fold it back over into it natural pose as this crane lifts all the ships boats an launches P1020570.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an it has lights fited on the jib one red flashin anti collishin 2mm light led an two white 2mm leds look down lights for the crane operator to see what he lifting an where P1020575.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow! That crane is a model in itself!
Pete
OH THANKS Pete yea it took some building but im pleased with how its turning out an its not finished yet as more work on it tomorrow to build the base an mounting cheers chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice work on the crane Chris.........and a really nice feature being able to fold it up and stow it for transport.
Now you mentioned lights for the crane operator......will there be a crane operator on board and will this crane be powered up so's you can use it? :thinking: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice work on the crane Chris.........and a really nice feature being able to fold it up and stow it for transport.
Now you mentioned lights for the crane operator......will there be a crane operator on board and will this crane be powered up so's you can use it? :thinking: Rick H.
HI Rick yes the lights will work an i will fit a operator in the cranes mounting but no im not goin to fit motors an such to make the crane work as to much top wheight as its all getting to heavy with all the brass jib an such an i cant see much point in doin so

as all that will happen is up an lowering the jib an turning about a couple of inches an to try an fit all motors an such does not seem worth it to me as there is still so much to fit on this ship i know that sounds dissapointing as i like to make things work but on this its not but im makin it so that the crane will lift off so i could have a change of heart an make it work but i mainly need Rick TO SEE HOW SHE FLOATS AS I DONT WANT TO GO OVER TOP WHEIGHT if you see what i mean but a very good question indeed an i'll keep it in mind if i can do this later on if i can but will see on it
ATB Chris