boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi guys just a small update on whats happening on the build an after much steamin the wood I managed to bend the 3mm thick ply armour belt to all the hull contours an it took two wks to fit all four (phew) wont want to do that again in a hurryIMG_4689.JPG but I enjoyed the challenge an I think its come up reasonably ok

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An here im lookin at the plans an measuring the apertures an drawin them on the hull ready to cutout IMG_4683.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an cutout they are now for a bit of sweating fileing them all level an with rounded corners an this is gonna be a devil to do but again im lookin forward to the challengeIMG_4687.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI guys another small update to show the build is still underway an not stalled
an still on this hull (GOD it seems like i'll never get off this hull blimey been a lot of work what with sandin an sprayin primer to show up anymore holes or hairline cracks in the hull) an ive also filed out the apertures so they are nice an straight an later they will have a lip fitted on all edges
IMG_4705.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN now for a change I thought id fit the bowthruster in the hull an it was a heck of a job as had to guess where the holes should be cut but it turned out faily good (phew)IMG_4692.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
A shot inside of the hull to show that the bowthruster mountin is all firber glassed in ready to have the motor fitted an should be water tight but wont know until she can go in test tank IMG_4704.JPG

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Absolutely amazing - glad you relish the challenge. Following this is a real education - thanks for posting all of the updates.

Peter

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Chris, you do like a large challenge!!! Superb work and way past me

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Absolutely amazing - glad you relish the challenge. Following this is a real education - thanks for posting all of the updates.

Peter
HI Peter glad you are enjoyin the build an it will really take off with workin features once ive got this hull beat an thank you for your intrest :thumb2:
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, you do like a large challenge!!! Superb work and way past me
HI Bob well we all like our build challenge's don't we go crazy without it like your stug g/b it keep the old grey matter turning over don't it an I hope you feel better now an again thanks for lookin in
chris

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm so enjoying this build. It is tempting to find the plans I had printed for an RAF rescue launch...
Looking forward to the superstructures going together

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm so enjoying this build. It is tempting to find the plans I had printed for an RAF rescue launch...
Looking forward to the superstructures going together
Hello Ian im so pleased you are enjoyin this build as I am an yes be temped an find that plan :thumb2: an regards the superstructures yes so am I lookin forward to building them but still a lot to do before I get to them as at the moment im still tryin to work out how long the prop shafts will have to be as there are 4 sharfts on her an cheers for lookin in on the build

chris