boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Excellent stuff,really taking shape now. :thumb2:

YES she is Mark but ive now tomorrow got to try an get these bridges done an i will have to have good think an plan how i want these to light up an an spraying an then fitting windows glazeing an window wipers
chris

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
YES she is Mark but ive now tomorrow got to try an get these bridges done an i will have to have good think an plan how i want these to light up an an spraying an then fitting windows glazeing an window wipers
chris
Piece of cake for a man of your talent :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Piece of cake for a man of your talent :thumb2:
HI Mark i wish i had your confidence in me that you have got in me id build it with my eyes shut but no im not confident but i gota try an see how it goes an i will plan ahead for pro's an con's on them bridges
but cheers for your confidence in me very nice of you thank you
ATB Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That is going to be one good looker when it's all done.

Andy.
AN THANKS Andy yes she is looking good an sleek i cant wait till i can jion it togeather but still a lot to do before that can happen
cheers for stopppin
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris,

Yet again great to see her coming on.

Out of interest I was wondering how you move her around I've finished? Given her length. I can only sunny m assume it will be in two halves? If so how will you keep the two halves together in the water?

Will you take the deck and superstructure off and screw/clamp them together internally to keep it watertight?

Thanks again for sharing your progress.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,

Yet again great to see her coming on.

Out of interest I was wondering how you move her around I've finished? Given her length. I can only sunny m assume it will be in two halves? If so how will you keep the two halves together in the water?

Will you take the deck and superstructure off and screw/clamp them together internally to keep it watertight?

Thanks again for sharing your progress.

Andrew
HI Andrew yes both main S/S are removeable as this is where the main power batts are an there will be two X 12v 12 amphr batts one in the front section under the main bridge S/S that will power the R/C R/X an all the servos on 6v via a drop down power reducer unit an all the lights an such

AN in the rear section another of the same batt that will power all four motors an yes the ship hull has four big bolts on the front hull jiont section an on the rear hull jiont section there are four holes for the bolts to slide through into the rear section an then its a simple method on just fitting on the bolts butterfly nuts that will pull both hulls togeather an water tight an all the eletrics will also meet up in the hull jiont so is it clear how its done ? an thank you Andrew for your questions as its nice to see you guys take an intrest in how the ship will complete togeather an i will fit on a couple of pics how my HMS NORFOLK hulls goes together an then you will understand better i think
IMG_3975.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lovely Chris, luv the carry frame !!

Always amazed by your work and they float as well;)
CHEERS Bob mate an glad you like the carry frames as this idea the ship is easy to carry around without fear of breakin the model bit like carryin a suitcase an yes the ships float as well lol
chris

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Superb craftsmanship Chris, excellent work indeed. How long has this project taken you so far?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Superb craftsmanship Chris, excellent work indeed. How long has this project taken you so far?
HI Gavin well the ship HMS TIGER that im building now is just over about 2 an a half yrs an still about 2yrs or so to go to finish as i started her in early 2019 if you look at the start of the build you will see the date of the build start an many thanks for your kind comments on my work very nice of you an thanks for lookin in on the build still a lot more to come though
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well im back on tigers build
but im now doin small stuff an thats them two bridges an i dont know how much will be seen when the light green glass is fitted in the windows
but a freind has made me up some bridge consoles to fit in side of the bidges as i hate havin an empty bridge an im gonna try an make them fit inside the bridges with 2mm leds some just on an some flashing
but first the console an its a solid resin but i have used my mini dremel an a borein out tool fitted to make them hollow
first though the console below IMG_6485.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here im now fittin in the 2mm leds an this is very fiddley work as ive had to cut off the resitor so the hair thin wires will go through the tiny holes an then try an resolder the wires back onto the resitor an you can see how small they are against my finger tip IMG_6486.JPG