boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN now a shot inside the hull to show how the sharfts must line up against the keel as im usein that as a I think its called a datum point an just tryin to work out how the motors will be fitted down as I cannot screw the mountings to the hull or the screws will go through the hull so got to think up summit elesIMG_4766.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice progress Chris, starts to look like a real ship!
HI Steven yes she is but I must admit i'll be glad when ive got all these prop sharfts glassed in an done as its really testin me but as I said before im enjoying the problems posed an tryin to solve them an hopefully I will thanks for your intrest
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great fun catching up with this Chris :smiling3:.
HI Ralph its good to see you back on the forum as I wondered that I hadn't seen you on for a few weeks an hope you feel better an glad you feel like lookin up on the build as its getting complicatied now but this is when now it will get intresting with all the bits that have got to go on her but I have so far got everything in hand but I can still see some problems loomin but will deal with them when I get to them many thanks for lookin in Raph :thumb2:
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS a small update on her
I have been tryin to fit the 4 prop sharfts on her an oh its been a bloomin job as due to the hull curevature its nr impossible to get the measurements right must have taken the sharfts in an out about 20 times. But I think I have mastered it NOW tomorrow im gonna take it all to bits again to trim up the A-FRAMES as got to be carefull I don't cut to much off an I have had to make a mock up cardboard template then transfer it to a wood one as stronger to hold the outer sharfts in place IMG_4770.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
You appear to have resolved the fit issues nicely done.
CHEERS Scottie yes everything seems to be turning out fine but im not raisein the flags just yet as still a lot can go wrong as until they are all glassed into postion im holding my breath thanks for your nice comment Scottie an intrest
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very nice Chris, enjoying watching every step:smiling4:

what celeb is launching the beauty:thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Pete are you missin any minions have any gone A.W.O.L as some have escaped your compound an I found them workin on my tiger no wonder the measuments kept comin up wrong they must have been sabotagein it an now if anything goes wrong I can blame them :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5: LOL the missus see some in a shop an bought them as you have hooked her I suppose the house will be took over with them now :cold-sweat:
chrisIMG_4778.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice Chris, enjoying watching every step:smiling4:

what celeb is launching the beauty:thumb2:
HI Bob glad you enjoyin the build an what celeb proberly the little buggers in the above pic lol as the have been up to a lot of mischief lol Pete will have to bring matron with the big needle to sort them out lol

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Prop shaft pointing downwards = speedboat?

Great work continues
HI Joe cheers for your great work continues comment :thumb2: an i'll see that it does if I can get rid of those pesky minions LOL:smiling3: . An yes the prop sharfts are pointing downwards slighty as its due to the prop sharft length as they have all got to meet up to the motor centre spindle as if the sharfts were any longer to level the sharfts flater the outer motors would be in the battery bay an that's no good so this is the final design of the sharft alignment an its correct with the plans so onwards an upwards.But firstly today I have got remove all the prop sharfts an motors so that I can refine an sand down an recut the A-FRAMES to the correct length .Then when done that it all goes back togeather to be glassed in their correct postion's an phew will I be glad when ive done it
chris

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
They dont look to steep but if you are pushed for room you could maybe try a flex coupling by the motors... I see that you have UJ or CV joints at the motor spindle but you could add another a few inches down the shafts to help flatten them. Just an idea.
If they match the plan why worry. ;)