boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

D

Deleted member 3568

Great start pulling up a seat, been ages since I built a scratch build. Take me hat off to you, can't see me ever doing another one.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That looks rather fragile now it's cut out!
Watching with interest.

Pete

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Christopher
What a project :thumb2: I wouldn't know where to start but I shall certainly enjoy watching this come together.
Jim

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Off you go Chris, i would not know where to start!!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Ken glad you are along for the build an Pete yes it is rather fragile at the moment but once the keel gets screwed down on the build board an the hull frames, HULL JIONT, an the quadrons all fitted an glued in place it will be very strong till then I just got to handle the keel with care. An Jim glad you like the build it should get better as it goes an Bob you say say you wont know where to start well its been ten yrs or more since I scratchbuilt Nimitz an im havin a job remembering whats next so im a bit in the dark we see how it goes ( hopefully )
thanks for your intrest guys
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi guys some more pics of the next step an that's the hull joint now getting this right is critical as if its out of alignment the eleltric plugs wont line up or fit
first pic cutting out the H/J 'sIMG_3965.JPG

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well that them cut out now over the nxt few days I will attempt to drill out the four bolt holes that holds the ship togeather an cut an fit the brass sleaves that stop the holes in H/J from wearing every time I fit the ship togeather .Here a couple of pics of how the H/J's should look taken fitted in my HMS NORFOLK F230 FRIGATE when done an fitted with four holding bolts an butterfly nuts for ease of fittin said holdin nuts an there will be

a male an female 25 pin electric connecktor to carry the power for all the servo's an lights an such but im not sure if I WILL need the big electric plug in tiger as im not sure where the batts will be fitted anyway the pics 1st pic the male H/J an the 2nd pic will be the female H/J IMG_3975.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Very interesting project Christopher!
I will follow your build, cheers, Steven

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks guys for your intrest an I will be :cold-sweat::cold-sweat: sweating over the nxt few days tryin to get these H/J 's right as it so easy to make a mistake will post some more pics when I have got that far
chris

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Good luck with such a missive build Chris.:astonished:
Love the connectors and pins used in your frigate, very smart to keep her transportable.:thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good luck with such a missive build Chris.:astonished:
Love the connectors and pins used in your frigate, very smart to keep her transportable.:thumb2:
HI THANKS for the good wishes Fernando glad you like the hull joint idea when ever I exhibit her in a model show I always get people comin up at the end of the show when im splittin her so they can see what the idea is like an how its done an they chat like mad about it but I don't mind it as if it will help one person on their own model doin this then im pleased as that's what modelling all about helpin others
chris