boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
HI Rick mate oh yes she will as you say someday but its a complex build boyo an not easy to work on her at times as my back sometimes gives out when im stoopin in her hull so got to rest a while as gettin old im afraid but she will make it in our lifetime (hopefully lol ) but still a lot to build an fit on her for eg.
1all the rear safty flightdeck netting an they are quite big
2all over 400 maybe 500 odd railings
3 a unit that im now building that fits to her stern with blue formation lights in
4 2 SCOTT DOMES FOR SAT COMS
5 BOTH gun turrets an ive got the sail whinch servo to turn the turrets but still waiting for a 1/16 th tank turret gear ring an ive got to hope the gears will mesh with the big gears ive already got to make up a gearbox to turn both turrets from one sail winch servo so very complicated an fit in a servo morph an its only been in build 3 yrs so im allowed another 2 maybe 3yrs as thats my normal build time on these big ships lol
6 got to fit the aming sysmteming for the guns
7 fit seacat missle launches on both sides
8 wirein an fit the ships crane you seem so fond of lol
9 make upan build 5 or more motor launches to fit on the deck between the twin funnels
10 make an fit all the fairleads an bolloards on the decks
11 make up the front breake water
12 MAKE up about 60 to 100 odd crew figures an paint them in their uniforms
AN AT the moment cant think of anything eles but i bet there is so boyo it just wont get built as fast as you want it to i only wish it did lol
chrisb
Holy Heck Marine - don't give me excuses, give me solutions! (Apart from that -WOW mate! This is one amazing build!) :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Holy Heck Marine - don't give me excuses, give me solutions! (Apart from that -WOW mate! This is one amazing build!) :thumb2:
Thanks steve im just pleased that that non return eletric diode worked ok as im not that great at eletrics but i seem to blunder through somhow lol
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That is absolutely impressive but how far did you have to go back to get it all in.
HI Peter what get tiger in the camera veiwer well about 12ft
could not go any further as i had my back to the wall an th camera was pulled up right against my face an then just pressed the button an thankfully it just got it in all the hull lenght
but tight sqezze lol
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An i found out why no A/C lights on the stern section it was just a silly lose conection as this goin to be a big problem when i do eventually take her sailing as the bumbs in the rds it will be a job of checking an testing things before she get lowered into the water an i'll be a nerous wreck lol
chrisb

• Sad
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work and photos of the chopper , glad it worked out so well Chris .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Just had a massive catch-up, great work there Chris - think that when she's launched, I'll have to bring the proper video camera(s), a phone isn't going to do her justice! Lucky that I've a couple, so possibly be able to get multiple angles when she goes in.
Can see that there's still loads to do, and all 'tiny' stuff, which some don't bother about, but a modeller will, keep at it and she'll arrive.

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just had a massive catch-up, great work there Chris - think that when she's launched, I'll have to bring the proper video camera(s), a phone isn't going to do her justice! Lucky that I've a couple, so possibly be able to get multiple angles when she goes in.
Can see that there's still loads to do, and all 'tiny' stuff, which some don't bother about, but a modeller will, keep at it and she'll arrive.
HI Gerry glad you are likeing what im doin an yes be nice to see her on u tube an yes still quite a lot to do on her but she's gettin there slowly as dont want to make a mistake on her
cheers
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HI ALL well cant get on on the gun turets yet as still waiting for that tank turret gear ring so ive gone an built that ugly stern bit with the blue an white formation light an first a pic of the the real sister ship hms blake but they are the same an here can be seen the ugly box section on what was a beautifull ship in my opinion
30-3303087-hms-blake-10.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN my vershion not very nice im afraid but it was on the real ship so an building it it here white big led an small blue led IMG_7354.JPG

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks great Chris, and if it's fitted on the real thing then ugly or not it's meant to be there. A bumpbar? you need to sharpen up your reversing skills. ;)

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks great Chris, and if it's fitted on the real thing then ugly or not it's meant to be there. A bumpbar? you need to sharpen up your reversing skills. ;)

Andy.
HI Andy yes it was on the real ship looks to me like a big tool box an ugly but yes its meant to be there an yes bumb bar is nessarssary as its nothing to do with my reversing skills lol. but the wind blows these big ships about if they are not underway so no rudder steerage so hence bumb bar lol
but this ship will have bumb bars in several places on the hull to stop it hitting the wall
chrisb