boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I’m a little late Chris, on this. But probably not that late, with this going to take a couple more years to build. Great work so far, like some have said I wouldn’t know were to start, but watching this from now on.
THANKS Ian yes plenty of time to catch up as this build will be running a fare while yet an you say you wont know where to start well im just feelin my way on this build myself as it a very complicated ship to build the hardest ive ever done but i love the challenge an seein a beautifull modell ship come from just plain mateireals
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS
ANOTHER small update on her
:thinking:id better just turn over the hull upside down before I start the S/S build an just quickly make some cardboard templates for the carry cradles here the bow ones I did the stern ones an lost the pic but its all in hand IMG_4896.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Next two pics im now starting to build the S/S around the combin to see how it looks but before I can glue all these sections togeather they will be fitted with quarter of an inch square balsa reninforcements for strength an to make it as light as possible so to save on top wheight IMG_4904.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris this literally blows my mind!
HI Jack im very pleased you like the build an this build is literally blowin my mind! as well as im tryin to build this ship but its the hardest model ive ever treid to build an thank you for stopping by an havin a look at the build an hopefully it will get more instresting when i get more of the S/S built an get some eletronics in her
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Absolutely stunning work going into this build Chris :smiling3:.
HI Ralph yea im pretty pleased at how she's shapein up an if the build carryies on without any major probs hopefully it will be finished in only about 3yrs or so but knowin my luck murphy's law will proberly take a visit an cause probs but will take them on as they appear an im glad you stopped by to have a look at the build as it gives me more confidence in myself to know the build is bein appreacited by you guys thanks an im glad you enjoyed your fishin trip good on you
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice progress. Hull certainly looks sturdy. Noted, onya, as in "good onya" is now an accepted scrabble word I'm told. PaulE

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really nice work on the super structure - love the detail on the door.
It’s all coming along really nicely :smiling3: As always, I look forward to further updates!
Cheers Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Really nice work on the super structure - love the detail on the door.
It’s all coming along really nicely :smiling3: As always, I look forward to further updates!
Cheers Paul
HI Paul ive built a bit more on that S/S now an now fittin in a electric plugs to feed the floodilghts that will be fitted to flood light the gun turret an maybe feed a mini servo to turn the turret but im not sure how all this will work yet its for the future an I THINK I may just have enough electric plugs to last me out on the build
LOL chris
IMG_4901.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Yet more wires Chris, will it float with all that copper :tongue-out3:

Fantastic work and cannot wait for its maiden voyage:thumb2: