boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
in this pic the rear part of the deck can be seen fitted to the main S/S AS I WANT THE WHOLE UNIT to lift off the deck as one so I can get to the batt IMG_4945.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN I bought this power dristroubutions board so that when she wired up fully this unit should send power all around the ship in the correct voltages an it all fitted with fuses to protect any unit from a power surge an it will also provide power to the R/X that controls the ship IMG_4941.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Amazing, amazing work. This is going to look amazing once completed!!

Well done.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just gets better and better with each posting Chris.
Some nice wood work there, can't wait for the launch , do you have a traditional one with a bottle !

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Chris
I’ve been a bit busy of late so not had a chance to catch up with the HMS Tiger thread.
Seems you’ve been keeping busy since I last visited. The electrics seem to be coming along really well and it’s interesting seeing the various electronics boards used. It all looks very complex but I’m sure that you know where everything is going and that everything will be powered/lit/motorised just as it should be!

Great progress
All the best
Paul

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just gets better and better with each posting Chris.
Some nice wood work there, can't wait for the launch , do you have a traditional one with a bottle !
Cheers John yes the build is really takein off now an same here I cant wait for the launch either but a few yrs yet im afraid proberly have a long white berd by then an yes when we launched nimitz jen pourded some babysham pompaine over the bow an then we all had a good laugh an drank the rest very enjoyable day that was proberly do the same with tiger
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hey Chris
I’ve been a bit busy of late so not had a chance to catch up with the HMS Tiger thread.
Seems you give been keeping busy since I last visited. The electrics seem to be coming along really well and it’s interesting seeing the various electronics boards used. It all looks very complex but I’m sure that you know where everything is going and that everything will be powered/lit/motorised just as it should be!

Great progress
All the best
Paul

HI Paul nice to see you drop by yes ive been busy on this build as if i dont it wont get built im workin a little bit each day so there is progress nr every day unless a problem crops up an yes there is a whole load of eletronics still to come to be fitted in just got to hope she dont sink lol but i think by the size of the hull it should quite bouyance as remember a ship only floats by the wheight of the water it displayes an yes it is complex but i will feel my way through on where things will go an what eletronics will go where as at the moment i have'nt a clue but its fit in as i go because at the moment i hav'nt really worked out what will be the workin features yes ive got the workin features in my mind but puttin it into practical is a different kettle of fish so will see how things go when ive built all the S/S an will you be doin anything on your panzther ?
all best chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Coming on Chris!
Pete
HI Pete yea she's comin togeather but slow as ive got to think things through before I implement them to the build its a case of should I build that an fit or leave it till later its a bit catch 22 this build as remember ive no instructions to guide me on the build thanks for lookin in all you guys
chris

Last edited:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
HI Paul nice to see you drop by yes ive been busy on this build as if i dont it wont get built im workin a little bit each day so there is progress nr every day unless a problem crops up an yes there is a whole load of eletronics still to come to be fitted in just got to hope she dont sink lol but i think by the size of the hull it should quite bouyance as remember a ship only floats by the wheight of the water it displayes an yes it is complex but i will feel my way through on where things will go an what eletronics will go where as at the moment i have'nt a clue but its fit in as i go because at the moment i hav'nt really worked out what will be the workin features yes ive got the workin features in my mind but puttin it into practical is a different kettle of fish so will see how things go when ive built all the S/S an will you be doin anything on your panzther ?
all best chris

That’s the way to do it - a little each day and steady progress is assured.
With regards to the Panther - I’ve ordered a pair of gear reducers to attach between the motors and gearboxes. The standard Tamiya RC tanks run faster than scale speeds. With the addition of the gear reducers I’m hoping to slow the speeds by a ratio of 3 and increase torque. Until these arrive I’m a bit stuck as they’re the next pieces in the build.
Cheers Paul

Last edited: