boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That’s the way to do it - a little each day and steady progress is assured.
With regards to the Panther - I’ve ordered a pair of gear reducers to attach between the motors and gearboxes. The standard Tamiya RC tanks run faster than scale speeds. With the addition of the gear reducers I’m hoping to slow the speeds by a ratio of 3 and increase torque. Until these arrive I’m a bit stuck as they’re the next pieces in the build.
Cheers Paul

HI Paul I hope you get your gear reducers as im lookin forward to seein you fit them in as I may learn abit off you an yes it will certainly increase the torque to the tracks it will be a lot more powerfull
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Really admire your work Chris, fantastic skill and effort :thumb2: ;)

carry on sir :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Really admire your work Chris, fantastic skill and effort :thumb2: ;)

carry on sir :thumb2:
Cheers Bob mate thanks for your kind comments an intrest in the build done quite a bit more today bit i'll leave it till more done an nxt update
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris to say I'm impressed would be the understatement of the year. This is great work.

OH HI Scottie havnt seen you in a while thanks for stoppin by an havein a look at the the build an yea it comin on an cheers for your nice comments
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HELLO all another small update on that main bridge S/S cross members fitted for
01 DECK IMG_4951.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an now fittin on the front part of the S/S where the bridges will fit on as there are two bridges one admiral bridge an the top on where the steerin wheel is IMG_4952.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Here strengthening bars fitted across the front section so it will be strong enough fo me to push down the bidges seckions into place without breakin as I plan to have the two bridges lift off in case a light packs in either bridge IMG_4959.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
More impressive work mate
YEA Ken its comin on but ive now got to work out how I want these bridges units to fit on the main S/S an come off again so im in the thought processin mode for a couple of days to see what will work I think I will work it like I did on my Nimitz but instead of one main bridge this will be two units an thanks for lookin in ken
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I want these bridges units to fit on the main S/S an come off again so im in the thought processin mode for a couple of days to see what will work I think I will work it like I did on my Nimitz but instead of one main bridge this will be two units
like this pics carrier build145.jpg below