boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

D

Deleted member 5496

Just come upon this Chris.

Wow & crikey. I do admire this work. I just love a bit of DIY with my models but ouch this is something else.

:smiling6: Great work & now watching. No mistakes though :smiling6:

Laurie

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just come upon this Chris.

Wow & crikey. I do admire this work. I just love a bit of DIY with my models but ouch this is something else.

:smiling6: Great work & now watching. No mistakes though :smiling6:

Laurie
HELLO Laurie glad you found the build an yes I love DIY or as I call it scratch building an thank you for your comment an i'll try an not make no mistakes but remember I have no instruckins booklet so if a mistake happens then ive just got to put it right as this when done will be a very exspensive model an the only one of her kind in the country in 1/72 scale anyway thank you for lookin in on the build
chris

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The chain drilling looks to be successful, well done. Now comes the real fun of squaring them all up, very tedious but rewarding when you stand back and take it all in. Whats next after you cut in the bridge doors? Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The chain drilling looks to be successful, well done. Now comes the real fun of squaring them all up, very tedious but rewarding when you stand back and take it all in. Whats next after you cut in the bridge doors? Rick H.

HI Rick yes chain drillin went ok an all the windows are now squared up to what they show in the plans so I can do the doors tomorrow then you say what next ? you got me there boyo as there is loads to do on this S/S an I havnt planned that far ahead yet I think it may be the rasied sections on the main bridge S/S at the rear as they are small boat mountin on these but if I build them I will leave one side open for now as I want to run some wirein through them for the ship's floodlightin LED's to illuminante the bridge S/S when she is on show at an exhibition show how's that an thanks for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Those windows look great - very nicely done
Cheers
Paul
CHEERS Paul an they will look a whole lot better when I can fit in their glass but till then they'll do thanks for your kind comments an glad you like those windows as I think they will look great when they have the glass in an figures an lights fitted in the bridges
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great work on the windows.
YEA Scottie they turned out just as I hoped they would but still a lot to do on this build im happy to say an thank you also for stopping an havin a gander at the build
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS yes another small update on that bridge an here it is in an exsploded
view IMG_5098.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good looking progress Chris!!
CHEERS Jack yea im getting there
chris

Great work Chris. This boat building stuff is the bees knees.

Laurie
MANY THANKS Laurie yes im enjoyin buildin her an all the challenges that come as well as i must say the bridge has had me thinkin hard how it was all gonna come to bits an then back togeather but its workin out but a whole lot more has got to be done on these bridges afore the will be fininished an thankns for popin in on the build
chris