boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The bridge came out great Chris. :smiling3:
HI Bob yea it dint come out to bad but still a lot of work to be done on both bridges as a lot of fine sandin to do on them but that will come later an ive still got to work out how im gonna fit in the 4 modular connectors in both briges to carry electric power up for bridge lights an such as I want to fit in the back walls some tiny 1mm smd leds to look like units workin in the bridges if that makes any sence to bring the ship the alive look if possible an crew figures but for now im gonna leave them for now as ive today got to fit on some 4 panel water tight doors with their hinges then fit to the back units that ive been building an thanks for lookin in Bob nice to see you
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just gets better and better!
Looking good :thumb2:

Paul

OH hi Paul yes she's getting there but how I want to build it its getting complex as in them bridges not a lot of room to work in an as I said in the above post there has got to be 4 mini electric plugs all fitted in each other so how ive planned it that in the bottom S/S there will start off with a female E /plug then in the bottom admrils bridge a male E/plug to drop into the bottom female then fittin on that plug some take off wires for the lights an such an from the same pins more wires will go up to the roof to a second female plug fitted into the roof an then in the top bridge there will be a another male E/plug to carry power to that bridge so all in all they all will plug an unplug into each other an then if needed I can just unplug them all to make it easy to work on them if they get damaged at all hope this all makes sence a little on the complex side but it will all work out an no hurry unless the virues gets me :cold-sweat: ps Paul how your tank comin on ?
chris

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
Only just found this myself Chris (have to admit I haven't read it all yet:flushed:) - that's an exercise in scratchbuilding on a ludicrous scale :dizzy:
Great work though - think I'll stick to my muddy clanky things, however;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Only just found this myself Chris (have to admit I haven't read it all yet:flushed:) - that's an exercise in scratchbuilding on a ludicrous scale :dizzy:
Great work though - think I'll stick to my muddy clanky things, however;)
OH HI Alistair glad you have found the tiger build on the ludicrous scale as you call it :smiling: ;)BUT that's how its gotta be if I want to build an sail this small boat lol an yes if I wasnt intrested in these ship builds id proberly be in the muddy an clanky things as I really love that tank you have built very well done on it
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That bridge is looking great.
thanks Ken yea its comin on slowly as scratch building takes so long took me all day to build them bridge wings an they are still not finished will do for now as im just roughly building all the S/S an then i'll be spendin a lot of time fine sanding it all nice an smooth but the main thing is im enjoyin the build as there is so much to do on these ships as you well know an every day in the morning when I wake up in bed I think well what am I doin today then a little planning an off to it after brekkie
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Chris,all looking good ,that bridge certainly took some thought. Great scratch modelling mate :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris,all looking good ,that bridge certainly took some thought. Great scratch modelling mate :thumb2:
HI John THANKS for lookin in your nice comments an yes ive thought hard about how I want this bridge built an where the eletrics plugs will fit ive now worked it all out but only in theory putting it into practice is gonna be a challenge in patience
chris

Last edited:
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 3568

Yes mate scratch building can take over your life, I remember the waverley build I would quite often wake up in the middle of the night with an idea of how to get round a problem.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yes mate scratch building can take over your life, I remember the waverley build I would quite often wake up in the middle of the night with an idea of how to get round a problem.
YEA Ken SNAP that's when I have my best idea's when im dreamin about her but its not takein over my life I can say right im gonna do something different today like cut the lawns as we have two an I take jen out to where she wants to go as its nice to have a break from the build but its even nicer to get back to the build with fresh ideas an then the hrs an days fly by
chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Looking very nice indeed mate.
HELLO Scottie nice to see you on here again thanks an yes she lookin a decent build but i'll be glad when its warmer wheather so I can finish all the sandin on the hull an sprayin it up in primer as even though im still building the S/S now sometimes I just look at her an think I havnt done much today as its fairly complex what im building like that bridge but then I have good look an think well its one step closer to the finish
all best to you
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I know how you feel. Sometimes w/long complex projects they seem to just crawl along. Yours however is looking very good. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I know how you feel. Sometimes w/long complex projects they seem to just crawl along. Yours however is looking very good. PaulE
HI PaulE nice to see you an yes my tiger build is like your rail road build a long drawn out affair but lets face it I think that for you an me that's the challenge of the build as if our builds were finished in a few days we'd be wondering what to do nxt an you like me PaulE RELISH some complex builds as when I read your posts on your railroad it comes out that you are enjoyin yourself as the same with me we are gluttens for a long build an you keep on buildin that rail way as im enjoyin lookin at it an studyin the layout to me it is very intresting
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Chris

Got to love the work on the bridge, superb!! Its one hell of a build and a joy to follow. Now who's lauching her, I know Jen, but you will need to buy a posh hat!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris

Got to love the work on the bridge, superb!! Its one hell of a build and a joy to follow. Now who's lauching her, I know Jen, but you will need to buy a posh hat!!
HIYA Bob yea that bridge is comin on but its been a bugger to get it right as nearly every pics of the real thing ive been studyin its got something different an all the angles have been a job to get right as well but now I think ive mastered it an yes jen has got a posh hat in fact loads like most women lol ;) :smiling:
hope you are feelin better Bob
chris