boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Superb work (as always) mate
CHEERS Ken an I think im callin the front S/S DONE FOR NOW but mind you there is still a lot of detail work to be done on it but that will come later. So im now movin onto the rear S/S an that's the main double hanger bays an main mast
an all the eletrics that involves
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Really taking shape beautifully. PaulE
OH THANKS PaulE yes its goin great guns an ive plenty of mojo as cant do much eles anyway but for the next few days im planning how all this rear S/S will come apart so I can get inside it if I want to an workin out how im makin the hanger bay doors open an close an im goin to try an get long about half an inch long strip lights to light up the hanger bay if possible thanks for lookin in
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Superb Chris, looks brillant. A true work of the boat builders art :thumb2: :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Superb Chris, looks brillant. A true work of the boat builders art :thumb2: :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
THANKS Bob im now gonna leave the front section till later in the build an move onto the rear section an build the big hanger bay but firstly ive got to do some planning how this all gonna come about so ive got to put the ole grey matter into overdrive for a day or so stay safe all
chris

B

bobnv

Unbelievable..........
Just responded in the tread that I am focused on then decided to go cruising. Well now I sure know where I fall in the food chain. I don't get serious often but seriously that IS a compliment, you all (as apposed to all you all, that's a Southern US phase. you all is singular, all you all is plural) are way beyond anything I will live long enough to achieve, I did fall into the right hole.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Chris, I am in for three months going to be busy with posting my ship built tonight my time,, sure have to agree an awesome build indeed, now I can see more can't wait , actually have always thought of joining this forum a long while back thanks for inviting me , will have a lot posts coming with all my projects .

Tony from down under

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Chris, I am in for three months going to be busy with posting my ship built tonight my time,, sure have to agree an awesome build indeed, now I can see more can't wait , actually have always thought of joining this forum a long while back thanks for inviting me , will have a lot posts coming with all my projects .

Tony from down under
HI Tony welcome an its great to see you on here an postin an thanks for your kind comments im sure you;ll have a great time postin your pics on this forum as they all are very nice an helpful guys an gals on here an they talk an are very knowledgeable join in the fun of this site as ive been on here a year an enjoyed every minute of it an lookin forward to seeein your pics
ATB chris ps Tony I love your avatar of the train great pic :thumb2:

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Unbelievable..........
Just responded in the tread that I am focused on then decided to go cruising. Well now I sure know where I fall in the food chain. I don't get serious often but seriously that IS a compliment, you all (as apposed to all you all, that's a Southern US phase. you all is singular, all you all is plural) are way beyond anything I will live long enough to achieve, I did fall into the right hole.

HI Bob welcome nice to see you on this thread an thanks for lookin in :thumb2:
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI
HI Tony welcome an its great to see you on here an postin an thanks for your kind comments im sure you;ll have a great time postin your pics on this forum as they all are very nice an helpful guys an gals on here an they talk an are very knowledgeable join in the fun of this site as ive been on here a year an enjoyed every minute of it an lookin forward to seeein your pics
ATB chris ps Tony I love your avatar of the train great pic :thumb2:

Hi Chris, many thanks, yeah the loco pic is the real loco and I have the same loco got three Indian Pacific locos , the loco class is a NR class 4000 horse power.

Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI

Hi Chris, many thanks, yeah the loco pic is the real loco and I have the same loco got three Indian Pacific locos , the loco class is a NR class 4000 horse power.

Tony
HI again Tony yes when you put on your railway thread it would be nice to see some pics of your loco an rolling stock like PaulE has done as he is havin a rest from his layout at the moment
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI again Tony yes when you put on your railway thread it would be nice to see some pics of your loco an rolling stock like PaulE has done as he is havin a rest from his layout at the moment
chris

Hi Chris, I haven't taken any pics on my locos, will tomorrow morning, in the afternoon I be cutting the second arch and screw them together and join the arches together , big day ,be an other post,

PaulE has replied to my ship thread will see if he will share some more pics.

How are you and your wife going with the Corona virus . Take care Tony.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, I haven't taken any pics on my locos, will tomorrow morning, in the afternoon I be cutting the second arch and screw them together and join the arches together , big day ,be an other post,

PaulE has replied to my ship thread will see if he will share some more pics.

How are you and your wife going with the Corona virus . Take care Tony.

HI Tony we r ok an will have a look at your site when you post pics full size please if possible the other button an not the thumb nail
chris ps hope you are ok an havin fun on here ?

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi Chris, yeah having fun many thanks for putting me onto this forum, Had a reply from a lady that lives in Melbourne Monica .

Glad you and wife are ok, I bought some 9.5 mm dowel for my bridge today .

Tony take care and stay safe, going to have a look to see if I can any 87 scale Navy plane kits.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, yeah having fun many thanks for putting me onto this forum, Had a reply from a lady that lives in Melbourne Monica .

Glad you and wife are ok, I bought some 9.5 mm dowel for my bridge today .

Tony take care and stay safe, going to have a look to see if I can any 87 scale Navy plane kits.

HI Tony glad you like the forum an glad to help you get on here an Monika is a nice lady to talk to as are all the guys on here very nice people
chris

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris,
Sorry not caught up for a while. Firstly happy birthday to the Tiger, and secondly wow this is an excellent build mate.

B

bobnv

Just sat down this morning with a cup of coffee to do my wandering through the site finding all the nooks you guys hid in, but decided to do the whole 40 pages of your thread rather than jumping around. Didn't read every post but your pictorial timeline tells most of the story.

You are the freaking Martha Stewart of the modeling world

Just watching this come out of some sheets of wood to where it is, and am going to guess maybe not even half done is beyond.
It has to fall somewhere between a labor of love and a work of art. Simply AWESOME

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris,
Sorry not caught up for a while. Firstly happy birthday to the Tiger, and secondly wow this is an excellent build mate.
HI Scottie no need to apolagise you cant be everywhere at once an nice to see you on here an thanks for tigers birthday comment an again she says wheres her pressie lol ;):smiling: an yes its a year just over now since I started her an it seems like only yesterday god its gone fast that year has an thank you for your nice comments
ATB chris