boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
I really love the way you engineer your way around the issues.
HI Scottie thanks for your comments an stick around because ive though of a way out of my servo problem but just got to hope this idea will work some more engineering pic comin up in a minute
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL I worked how im gonna get over the servo problem but its a little tricky
here we go now to put it to rights ( I HOPE ) FIRSTLY take the servo to bits an as I go take a pic at each stage so I can see how it all (HOPEFULLY) goes back togeather the first stage IMG_5245.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an third all gears removed now as this is an old sevo but works ok I was hopein the bottom section would be able to be removed so I couldIMG_5247.JPG see the motor terminals but no joy this is goin to be aweward to say the least

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
So in for a penny an in for a pound an I cant back out now so I will have to carry on an remove the motor screws an that big nut so hopefully it will still continue to come apart IMG_5250.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an still at it an I have to just (HOPE) that as this is an old servo that the motor terminals are not solerded direct to the PCB board if so then it will get that much harder but im up for a challenge an still gently liftin the servo guts out of its houseinIMG_5252.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN YES im happy as what I see is not what I dreaded but a simple solution as there are wires comin off the PBC board to the motor terminals so all I need to do is revese the power wires to the motor so yellow to the orange position an orange to the yellow an then the motor should go in revese of the way it went before so i'll get out the soldering iron an switch the wires tomorrow finger crossed all IMG_5254.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
blimey Chris this is a dark art if ever I saw one!
incredible stuff
HI Neil yes this is a bit into the unknown but hopefully i'll find out whather im right or wrong tomorrow but im pretty sure im on the right track cheers to you for popin in to have a look see ATB Chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Chris.
Your engineering skill re the hanger doors are brill, its been a nail biting few pages, I could feel the tension building as those photos of the servo appeared as it came apart.
Good luck for today.

KEEP CALM
SOLDER ON.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Morning Chris.
Your engineering skill re the hanger doors are brill, its been a nail biting few pages, I could feel the tension building as those photos of the servo appeared as it came apart.
Good luck for today.

KEEP CALM
SOLDER ON.
GOOD Morning to you as well John an yes today will be nerve rackin as lookin at the motor terminals I dint notice it before but as well as solderin the wires ive also got the bloomin capistater wires to solder as well an I must not heat them up to much or I could cause them to be damaged an plus this is all very small so I will need my head magnifer on to see if these wires an cap wires solder in the correct postions during the operation :cold-sweat: an many thanks for your kind comments on the hanger doors build
ATB STAY SAFE chris