boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an in this shot im tryin to work out which gears i will need to work that back height finder radar an just a few on show as ive still got to find more yetIMG_5405.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Close up shot of the yellow crown gear an its on upside down as which ever way its up or down will alter the drive shafts diretion an there will be a cover to go over this when ive built that back RADAR mountin IMG_5407.JPG

First Name
Carl
HI Carl yes its a fair sized project an its keepin me busy an yes i hope you do follow the build an glad you had a go at a ship was it very big ? an thanks for lookin in
cheers
chris
I have vivid memories of me carrying it around to show my gran who at the time lived just around the corner from my parents house. It must have been at least 3’ in length (that would be in 13 year old eyes size) but it was definitely big.
I was very artistic as a child and was always building models or drawing, something that I’ve not really done since until recently anyway. Anyway, I’m rabbiting on and going off topic regarding your super model but I can certainly appreciate the enthusiasm involved.
carl

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Some overall shots of the mast on the hangar bay as its got to lift off for servicein an i'll build the big radar scanners later IMG_5408.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I have vivid memories of me carrying it around to show my gran who at the time lived just around the corner from my parents house. It must have been at least 3’ in length (that would be in 13 year old eyes size) but it was definitely big.
I was very artistic as a child and was always building models or drawing, something that I’ve not really done since until recently anyway. Anyway, I’m rabbiting on and going off topic regarding your super model but I can certainly appreciate the enthusiasm involved.
carl
Carl you can rabbit on all you like as its nice to talk as ive only spoken a few words to the missus all day as ive been up in my man cave buildin this an she has been out in her garden an she has only just came in an i bet you was proud of your ship wernt you what was it eg warship or some other ?
chris

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
HI Fernando yea im tryin to get as much workin as possible on this ship as there is plenty of room in her an hope you are well
chris
Top man, I'm fine almost no covid cases here anymore, glad to see you're not one of those affected in the uk

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an now closed up an that motor is still a bit nioseiey but with the packin an the box over it an the hangar roof on its cut down the niose somewhat so not a total waste of time IMG_5411.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Top man, I'm fine almost no covid cases here anymore, glad to see you're not one of those affected in the uk
Yes SO AM I but there are thounds that are an glad you are ok an we wear masks when we go shoopin or to the docs to get jens cancer tabs an such as cant be to carefull here cause a lot of them dont seem to be worryied an not takin any notice of socail disdancein
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN last pic for today an ive just started to make that back height findin radar mountin an just for now fitted in the drive crown gear now got to find up a shaft an outer slevve an a gear to fit the main yellow drive crown gear an i will be doin IMG_5412.JPGthat tomorrow cheers ALL
CHRIS

First Name
Carl
Carl you can rabbit on all you like as its nice to talk as ive only spoken a few words to the missus all day as ive been up in my man cave buildin this an she has been out in her garden an she has only just came in an i bet you was proud of your ship wernt you what was it eg warship or some other ?
chris
From memory It was definitely a warship, WW2 and had lots of guns. Lol. I’m not sure if it was a specific boat or just one from my imagination, a combination of boat pictures Combined I suspect. Another boat is on my list to do at some point, not from scratch like your own build but something a bit simpler from a ready made kit To start with.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
From memory It was definitely a warship, WW2 and had lots of guns. Lol. I’m not sure if it was a specific boat or just one from my imagination, a combination of boat pictures Combined I suspect. Another boat is on my list to do at some point, not from scratch like your own build but something a bit simpler from a ready made kit To start with.
OH ok Carl an i was the same at that age buildin all sorts an boy did we have fun an i'll look forward to your build ATB
CHRIS

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris
Fabulous work on the radar masts.
What strikes me when looking at these shots is just how BIG this thing will be when finished. It must be like working on a plastic washing machine!!!!
The familiar shapes are beginning to emerge from this mountain of styrene though, and it's looking pretty darn good, I can tell ya.
Keep up the great work Chris, the high seas (or local pond) await.

Cheers
P