boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Fascinating. Very different from most of the builds on here.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks guys I cant wait till tomorrow an get on with the nxt step really getting into the mood of the build now
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Fascinating. Very different from most of the builds on here.
Pete
Cheers Pete for that its nice to do something different but im just tryin to mix in with all the other fantastic builds on this wonderfull forum an good people
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Flipping hell Chris, great fast progress !!!
HI Bob yea im buzzin along with the build as got to get stuck in now as ive only got less than 3wks to go before we have a warship day up Norwich pond an normally there is a lot of big R/C models up Norwich pond to take my Norfolk up for a sail with them all an then in another couple of wks or so two more model days up their .But the reason for
the time limit is that I need my show table to put Norfolk on but at the moment its got the tiger build fitted to it .But if I can get tiger's hull built then it can come off the table for Norfolk to rest on for warship day An I don't want to have to buy another table as their is no way I can transport both ships to a show so only one table needed how's that
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all a few more pics about how far the build is along getting nr the stage to start to cover hull IMG_4551.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
ALL quadrons fitted to give the hull strength front veiwIMG_4556.JPG

• Love
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN now startin to cover the hull with 1mm thick ply an do what I call a ply wrap round as plank on frame needs so much filler an it adds to much wheight this way its lighter IMG_4559.JPGto carry to the pond

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well hav'nt been on site for a few days as been busy buildin
an started proper to cover the hull in the next few pics
IMG_4560.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now covrerin hull joint got to be carful here as I mustn't get glue in between the H/J or I won't be able to part them IMG_4566.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi all well bein stickin into the hull build an as of today I have finally covered the hull with some help from my SWMBO she has been sortin out the bent pins an handin me the straight ones an been an immence help to me so now I have to leave it for 24 hrs for the glue to go off an then tomorrow it will be

time to undo the screws that hold the hull in place then gently lift the hull off the Sellotape on the build board an see how it looks an remove the plasti card spacer from the hull joint an the hull bolts an cut her in half. Boy will I be sweatin doin this anyway some pics of what she looks like now IMG_4567.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
the hull lookin a little rough but when ive filled all the tiny gaps an sandin sealed her then sanded the hull down it will look a lot betterIMG_4572.JPG