boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Fabulous work on the radar masts.
What strikes me when looking at these shots is just how BIG this thing will be when finished. It must be like working on a plastic washing machine!!!!
The familiar shapes are beginning to emerge from this mountain of styrene though, and it's looking pretty darn good, I can tell ya.
Keep up the great work Chris, the high seas (or local pond) await.

Cheers
P
HI Paul CHEERS to you as well an yes she's gonna be a biggee just bought a load of spray paint eg. grey primer 5ooml rattle cans an red primer 4ooml an cost a arm an a leg but cant build it without so gotta pay up im afarid an all these sparys have gone up a pound a tin since before corvid makes you think dont it ?
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Some serious scratchbuilding you got yourself going on here mate, very cool!

Cheers
AN Cheers to you Wouter as well thanks for lookin in on the build an yes hopefully this will be a build of a lifetime as im tryin to get as much as possible to work so in other words im pushin the boat out lol
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL another small update on her an i found the main gear shaft was slippIMG_5415.JPGin on the R-SHAFT as the collet that was on wont tighen up enough so i had to strip all the motor out of the front of the hangar bay an refit a nice big brass one on an now its got a good allen screw in it so it really tighten up now on the shaft so no more slippin

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An now back to that back height finder radar an its all built IMG_5420.JPG

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NOW ive got to buy that big search radar on the back main mast a shot here of it on the plans IMG_5424.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN I was very lucky as jen phoned up fleetscale to ask i could buy one an he checked an he said you are in luck as you have got the last one an its in P/E
IMG_5418.JPG

• Wow

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
But ive still got to build it an postie also bought me 400 brass stanchions for the ships railins IMG_5416.JPG

• Wow

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN ALSO a whooper battle alarm sound unit with its 3inch speaker an the speaker will be fitted in a sound box beneath the deck under the grillIMG_5419.JPG

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Awesome work Chris. Outstanding engineering and electronics this is such a wonderful project to follow.
Keep up the great work.
All the best
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Awesome work Chris. Outstanding engineering and electronics this is such a wonderful project to follow.
Keep up the great work.
All the best
Paul
HI Paul many thanks for you kind comments an yes im really enjoyin this build an it will get a lot more intresting when i can start properly on the eletronics an lights an such but i just got to finish building the S/S THANKS FOR LOOKIN IN
AN HOPE YOU ARE WELL
ATB chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
AN Glad you like this build Ian yes im havin fun on this build
chris
Hi Chris, wow you have come a long way with the main mask and making a start on that brass radar, be a night,are indeed, have a good soldering iron where you can control the heat,, have a good soldering, hiw do those little parts fit, do they clip in place.

I have made a start on the other side of the last hull section, got one bulkhead in place, can't do any more work getting late here 10.51 pm, got the ply to build the second corner module, can't do any work outside rain coming in till Tuesday.

Take care Tony from wet down under

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, wow you have come a long way with the main mask and making a start on that brass radar, be a night,are indeed, have a good soldering iron where you can control the heat,, have a good soldering, hiw do those little parts fit, do they clip in place.

I have made a start on the other side of the last hull section, got one bulkhead in place, can't do any more work getting late here 10.51 pm, got the ply to build the second corner module, can't do any work outside rain coming in till Tuesday.

Take care Tony from wet down under
HI TONY nice to hear from you an what little parts are you on about that clip in place ?
CHRIS