boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
next fittin in the mast the red anti collishion lights an there will be 5 altogeather to protect the big radar an ive also fitted to the mast the main cross memeberIMG_5453.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an i was nr a nervous wreck by the time id got this far as the wires are so fragile an can bust if pulled to strongly but i really enjoyed doin it IMG_5456.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
i fitted all the wires in a tube to be gluded in to the mast side so that the wires wont become tangeled round the radar shaft IMG_5457.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an rear veiw now comes the hard part of fittin the wires to their mini eletric plug an then tryin to make the plug fit into the hangar bay mountin an then fittin the mast an radar shaft all back togeather again IMG_5463.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Congrats Chris, that was a nail biting time by the sounds of things , good for you, certainly looks the part when on .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
HI John many thanks for the congrats:fearful: but a bit premature as you are right it was a nail biteting time an still is as ive got to wire to all up with its own mini eletric plugs an they must fit into the main power uptake plug sockets from the hangar bay an be able to lift of the hangar for servicein in the future so really im still in the nail bitein mode lol but im really enjoyin doin these led's as to the challange its givin me cheers for stoppin
ATB CHRIS

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Holy Christmas trees Batman.............That looks great

John
AN HI again to you John thanks an yes its is lit up like a xmas tree but the real ship had them A/C lights to protect that massive search radar as it must have been 20 feet across as on the model its over 4 inches an when i build it will be the biggistest one ive ever built glad you like what you see an on the real ship if she was in a combat zone then they would all be switched off
an nice to see you again on here
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fantastic Christopher, see, you make things work where else mine are just cut and stick with no wires or electricity running through them. It's a different kind of fish what you're doing and I'm full of envy.:smiling3:

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Fantastic Christopher, see, you make things work where else mine are just cut and stick with no wires or electricity running through them. It's a different kind of fish what you're doing and I'm full of envy.:smiling3:

Cheers,
Richard
HI Richard many thanks for your nice comments on my build an how im makin things work but on a big scale ship like this if i dint make things work id be ashamed to show it in public .But i think regards your model ship its also FANSTATIC HOW YOU MAKE SUCH SMALL PARTS IS BEYOND ME

as you must have very good eyesight an very good controll over how your hand work as i must admit i would not even dare to try an scratch build a ship the way you are doin an succeedin in a way i could not even comprehend but a freindly warning Richard do not over do it on your eyesight as its very easy to get eyestrain as i have a bit fittin in them tiny led's so take it easy when buildin have a rest for a while an get yourself checked up due to them stomak cramps. an do you wear a head visier ? as it will be much easyier on your eyes if you do
ATB stay safe
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for the advise Christopher, I do use magnifying glasses...couldn't see zilch without them. :smiling2: Yup, I'm due for a overhaul. :smiling6: I think the last I had was about 4 years ago.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Richard AFTER you have finished your spy ship this is only a suggetion if you want to do a model with eletrics why not try a bigger scale of 1/350th a ship in this scale can be lit up like Gregg ( OJAYS ) did with his USS ENTERPRISE as he made a fantastic job of that an it looked great but anyway look after your self
ATB CHRIS