boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Everytime I look in on this I just get more and more impressed. What you are doing is way beyond my abilities but I certainly appreciate the skill and patience that goes into this build.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Everytime I look in on this I just get more and more impressed. What you are doing is way beyond my abilities but I certainly appreciate the skill and patience that goes into this build.
Jim
Hello Jim im really glad you like the build an i really appreciate your comments on the build helpin my mojo no end as there is still so much more to come on this build an my mojo sometimes drops if i get the shakes as gettin old im afraid

i just wish id built this model 20yrs ago but im sure i'll be able to finish an sail her as its nice to have you guys lookin in an for the support you are all givin me many thanks to you an thanks for stoppin an havin a looksee an leavin a post as its nice to know you guys like what im building
ATB STAY SAFE
chris

Reactions: JR

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
These builds truly are a labour of love. You can tell that you really enjoy yourself whilst making them.
Tiger will look simply stunning with all the lights, moving rotors, radar and all the other gizmos, not to mention that this model will actually sail!

Keep on trucking Chris - this build is immense.

Cheers
P

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
These builds truly are a labour of love. You can tell that you really enjoy yourself whilst making them.
Tiger will look simply stunning with all the lights, moving rotors, radar and all the other gizmos, not to mention that this model will actually sail!

Keep on trucking Chris - this build is immense.

Cheers
P
HI Paul thanks an i dont know about truckin lol but sailin yea lol hope to post some new pics soon as im workin on fittin A/C leds on that front fore mast an its provein a heck of a challenge as this mast is a latce mast so ive really got to keep all the fragile wirein pulled very gently but tightly so hopefully not much of the wirein will be seen but its makin me sweat but im enjoyin the challenges that this mast is posein cheers for postin as you guys help build up my mojo an that keeps me goin thank you
chrisb

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL another small update on this rear mast an its now had its eletric uptake power plug fitted an now it all fits into the hangar top an it all wired right through to the hull an IMG_5465.JPG such but in the first pic can be seen the main uptake power plugs but its still not finished as im waitin for a few things like anttenas an ladders which i will fit on it when they come but it all works ok so thats another nail bitein sestion over but i enjoyed it an now for the front fore mast after these pics

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Chris, tried to open that attachment, but says" We ran into problems "

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN nxt it is back to the front fore mast again i cant finish it till i get the anntenas but ive been busy fittin most of the yardarms on the mast an again a nail bitein time as the wires are so fragile but on this front mast there are 6 red A/C lights AN one white running light at the top of the mast an a emgency white steamin light both on togeather but firstly some pics of the mast again this is not finished but will be later IMG_5491.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Every time I look in I am even more impressed by your skill and logical work.
AN Cheers Scottie an G/M to you as well im tryin but this is the hardiest build ive ever attemped but i think im gettin there an im enjoyin it emensly
all best chris now more pics