boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Looks great Chris, wish I had even a little bit of your electronic know-how!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Are the brake lights on lol
HAHA Bob yea thats a good one as them white running an steamin lights are realy bright but they got to be so i can see them in daylight so i know which ship in mine if a lot of models on the water as i dont want to ram them

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks great Chris, wish I had even a little bit of your electronic know-how!
HI Jack yea it does help to know a little but im not that great at eletronics as some how it just flows from my fingers must be hidden sections in me ole grey matter that i dont know about till i get doin something like this then it comes out lol
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN THE TOP grey section of the mast lifts out just in case its a tight fit in the car

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN now some shots of how the rear main mast is now looking but again i'll build the big rardar in the winter as ive got to work out how im gonna stick photo etch togeather but ive already worked out how its gonna go an all the thinkin about how this will be done is all in my mind so no probs till i start it an its 4 " wide quite big by my normal standards IMG_5577.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL guys thats all for a while as the nxt job is gonna be a nail biter as on friday i will be then fitting in them portholes in the hulls , an the ankors hawers ' an the water intake pipes faceing backwards so if she hits any weed floating on the pond surface they wont hopefully suck it up an block up the inlets as if it does then the big ESC will overheat an burn out an maybe catch fire so to be sure it dont happen im fittin in two water inlets one on each side of the hulls
TTFN
Chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Chris, if you don't put up the Christmas tree this year you have a substitute. :smiling3:

For you sticking the bits together also needs strength and durability as its a working model. Don't want bits falling off into the lake or pond...unretrievable.
Nice mast. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
What are those white slim bulb like thingies? I have two of those on top of my main rear mast to add.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, if you don't put up the Christmas tree this year you have a :smiling3:

For you sticking the bits together also needs strength and durability as its a working model. Don't want bits falling off into the lake or pond...unretrievable.
Nice mast. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
What are those white slim bulb like thingies? I have two of those on top of my main rear mast to add.

Cheers,
Richard
HI Richard mate yea a substitute. xmas tree be a bit on the small side though :smiling: an yes i dont want bits dropping off the mast thats why i built it usein 2mm brass box section so i could stick my brass rod with all the sencer pods on into the box section then will be very strong an the white slim bulb like thingies are sencor pods that scan for eletronic signals through the eletronic spectrum i think as most warships masts are normaly covered in them hope that has anwered your question Richard an i hope you are feeling better an cheers for having a looksee at what im up to as i think your spy ship in the size you are building is out of this world
chris

D

Deleted member 4539

Just had a good catch up with this build Chris and I have to say it is stunning work that you are doing :smiling3:.
Everything about it is pure quality and I would really like to see your work in the flesh and also to see them sailing.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking fabulous Chris. And, I know that this is only a very small part of this marvellous working model.
Cheers
Paul