boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just had a good catch up with this build Chris and I have to say it is stunning work that you are doing :smiling3:.
Everything about it is pure quality and I would really like to see your work in the flesh and also to see them sailing.

HI Ralph its really good to see you back on here an i really hope you feel better an yea tiger is comin on good an im enjoying building her an now today ive now got to fit all them brass glazed portholes into the hulls so its gonna be a nailbiteing day for me lol

as ive been told fitting the portholes right or wrong can make or break a model so i'll see how it goes but im not hurrying it many thanks for havin a look in on the build an it will be nice to see you build another sea an ship dio as they looked real but only when you feel up to it
all best
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking fabulous Chris. And, I know that this is only a very small part of this marvellous working model.
Cheers
Paul
HI Paul thanks an yes them masts turned out good an yes they are only a small parts but nessasary parts all the same but still a lot to do as today its portholes time in the hulls an cheers for stoppin an havin a look in
all best
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
WELL guys thats all for a while as the nxt job is gonna be a nail biter as on friday i will be then fitting in them portholes in the hulls , an the ankors hawers ' an the water intake pipes faceing backwards so if she hits any weed floating on the pond surface they wont hopefully suck it up an block up the inlets as if it does then the big ESC will overheat an burn out an maybe catch fire so to be sure it dont happen im fittin in two water inlets one on each side of the hulls
TTFN
Chris
Hi Chris, a very big WOW you main mask is impressive indeed, I have started on the bridge and accommodation decks.

How are you going Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, a very big WOW you main mask is impressive indeed, I have started on the bridge and accommodation decks.

How are you going Tony
HI Tony yes we are ok an yes the MASTS are nr finished just got to to fit some safety rails on them but that will be done over winter time so for now i will remove them off the S/S an put them away in a box so they dont get broke as a lot of work went into them an now ive just finished fittin in the hulls all them brass port holes an boy was it a job to get the portholes in the right postion as Will on the ship model forum said to me that fittin portholes can make or brake a model if you dont get them right but i think i have
an yes your ship is comin on fine now i understand what i was lookin at keep up the good work boyo
all best
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony yes we are ok an yes the MASTS are nr finished just got to to fit some safety rails on them but that will be done over winter time so for now i will remove them off the S/S an put them away in a box so they dont get broke as a lot of work went into them an now ive just finished fittin in the hulls all them brass port holes an boy was it a job to get the portholes in the right postion as Will on the ship model forum said to me that fittin portholes can make or brake a model if you dont get them right but i think i have
an yes your ship is comin on fine now i understand what i was lookin at keep up the good work boyo
all best
chris
Hi Chris, yeah your main mask is just mind blowing the detail you put into it, hope mine comes out as good, glad I don't have those port holes, they have them in cruise ships too. Yeah the bridge is coming along nicely have to work on the accommodation deck sides windows, will need a sharp knife blade more progress tonight .

Same with you Chris, Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS update time on her
an as i hope to have an ESC in her that's water cooled i have fitted in the rear hull bottom two water uptake pipe's that will be connected to a water pump by white plastic tube an here one fitted an one still to be fitted so they can be seen what they are like IMG_5580.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN now ive done that its time to sweat buckects tryin to fit in the hulls 70 odd brass portholes with there glass all fitted in an i think i done them ok the first 4 in the rear hull section but first drilling the holes IMG_5631.JPGan i had to be very carefull with the drill as the hull is thin as paper an could easyly crack so gently does it

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an in case anyone is wondering at the rough appearance of the prop shafts they are still covered in maskin tape so i dont spray over the nice S/S fininsh an i thought id have a little rest from the P/H's an fit in the battle alarm whooper siren an here a shot of the loudspeaker fitted in it soundbox which will be under the deck under the rear funnel as on the front funnel i hope to have a smoke unit fitted in IMG_5709.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN the speaker is a 3inch waterproof mylar speaker an now here a shot of on the top side of the deck the actual sound unit itself an with the small white sockects i can alter with a small screwdriver the speed of the whooopin an the sound tones IMG_5710.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here is how this will look as the whooper sound unit will be under the cover an the plastic smesh will ensure i get maximamin sound out put IMG_5712.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here some shots of her an i fitted a big bit of plasticard sheet behind her so it can be seen easyier an she is begining to look something now as im now up to the point of fitting all the W/T doors an detail on the S/S so its now gonna get more intresting for me an also for you guys that are instrested in her IMG_5714.JPG