boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great news Chris....
YES it is Andrew im very pleased so now that sorted just draw a wireing diogram an then pack all the gizmos away till its all needed an now i can get on with the build again of Simon's bridge tribute S/S build
ALL best chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cracking stuff Chris. Rather you than me....I prefer analogue to digital LOL....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cracking stuff Chris. Rather you than me....I prefer analogue to digital LOL....
HI TIM an yes i aggree with you i dont think this digital is all its cracked up to be as on the telly when we were on analogue we had a good picture but then to digital and you could see the difference but to digital it has got better but like my dad always said regards analogue if it an'it broke dont fix it but they did to digital
an thank you for the crackin stuff comment cheers but this ship is seeming to get more complex than i ever imaganied but it will all work out in the end an it will get built
ATB
CHRIS

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris
Outstanding work on the superstructure detail and your electronics work continues to amaze. With regards to the RC bind, I’ve found through my few RC projects that there always seems to be some problem to overcome. I know you will solve these issues Chris and, in time, Tiger will join your ever growing flotilla of amazing model ships.
Keep up the great work
P

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Outstanding work on the superstructure detail and your electronics work continues to amaze. With regards to the RC bind, I’ve found through my few RC projects that there‘s always seems to be some problem to overcome. I know you will solve these issues Chris and, in time, Tiger will join your ever growing flotilla of amazing model ships.
Keep up the great work
P
HI Paul yea the R/C was makin me sweat :cold-sweat: as this R/C instruckions was wrongly translated to english from german so at that time i dint know what to think but my mate richard came over an sorted it out thankgoodness as there was a lot of moneys worth there an i dint want to blow it all up. An yes TIGER is comin on an at the moment im fittin on the S/S all the tiny details work an it seems never ending just when i think ive finished i look at other plans an see more detail so sticking at it
all best
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris,

Glad you got it all sorted mate. All that electrikery would be beyond me.
HI Scottie nice to see you on here again an yes it certainly was a big worry all that
electrikery as you call it lol :rolling: :smiling: an it was way beyond me also Scottie so you are not alone i knew the basic's but was not 100% sure but it all got sorted thank goodness as if it was left to me id still be qakein in me boots to worried to do anything an its just as well i waited for richard :thinking:as i proberly would have blew it up lol:rolling::cold-sweat::smiling: an what with settin fire to my hair an puttin on a part upside down so its just as well i have some super glue reverser so i could get it off an fix up the right way so ain't been my wk but all is ok now
cheers for stoppin

all best to you
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
an if it dont all go up in smoke there is still the BEC ESC for the bow thruster an this is a smaller cheaper unit
View attachment 401061
HI Chris, wow totally agree just amazing that wiring, handy you know how, i would not know where to start, does the plans come with a wiring diagram as well, keep the good work up and are the motors geared at all or no need to.
Tony from down under

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Chris, wow totally agree just amazing that wiring, handy you know how, i would not know where to start, does the plans come with a wiring diagram as well, keep the good work up and are the motors geared at all or no need to.
Tony from down under

HI Tony thank fully this lot of wirein is all sorted an cant do any more with it untill i get to that stage so its all packed away in a box untill i do an yes they came with wireing dio's thankgoodness An no motors are not geared wish they were as it would give more touge to the props but lets face it this is not a speed boat
( opps ) ship an im at the moment fittin on all the detail been at it two wks now an only halfway on this detail as there is so much to fit but i hope to put on some pics soon of what i have been doin
all best
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well this is my tribute build to Simon T an its not finished yet as a lot more has got to be made an ftted on but just before he passed on i found out that he knew more about me than i did my self an he made me laugh such a nice gent an this is what he said to me in a pm an i dont think he'd mind me showin you all what he said below

Can I ask you a question please? Why do you always miss D and G off the end of words in your writings - is it some form of dyslexia?
No pressure if you don't want to answer then fair enough, just curious

All the best

SimonT

an again Simon exsplains why he noticed this about me as ive never noticed
but he certainly picked up on it an again made me laugh at how he spotted it he was a true gent what he said below an i think he's right

In primary school we were bombarded with spelling tests - either daily or weekly I can not remember which but we would get lists of ten words to learn for a test.

As a result my spelling has always been pretty good.

For work I have spent the last thirty odd years converting engineers scribbles into presentable 2D and latterly 3D drawings. Engineers are notoriously well known for not being very good at spelling. It means I have had a lot practice correcting other people’s writing so errors tend to jump out at me

I shall try and remember to pm :thumb2:

All the best to you both

SimonT

i did not know Simon as well as most of you guys but he certainly knew more about myself than i knew about me an i'll always be gratefull to him for pointing it out to me an yes i know im a rotten speller but i think you all know what i mean an this is a forgiving forum so no worries for me an now in the next posts the pics as a tribute to him as he passed on while i was building this so i think its fitting to show this bridge build an when i show it an look at it for me as well as you guys lets all think of Simon an what a gentelman he was
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL here we go with the fisrt pic an ive been tryin to fix on the complex detail as best i can but with every pic i look at of the real ship an the model down in portsmouth in a case there are loads of difference's so ive just got to fit on what looks right an this is only about half way as there is still loads to fit on
IMG_5792.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an in the two back boat deck sqaures there are now lights fitted inside which i will be able to turn on an off by radio command from my tramitter

IMG_5793.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN here a shot of the rear of the main super struckture an if you look to the left you will see all the steps that lead to different decks i have not put on the other side lot yet as the steps are just laid on but they will be fixed on when its all sprayed up in its light humbroll N0 64 MATT LIGHT GREY IMG_5794.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow Chris she is coming on, beautiful work on the top easp the bridge.:thumb2: