boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an this amount of water will work ok for up to 30mins an if no water in i think there is a failsafe cut off i think
an this next pic is of the top of the unit with its built in fanIMG_5819.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an this unit has already been seen but this is the 12v to 24v eletronics that boosts the power to 24 volts from 12volts an i think it work like a keetle an boils up the water an then hence the steam so it looks like smoke an no F*R* dont want to get J/R EXCITED DO WE haha IMG_5815.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here in this next pic its all ready to go as im just checking through the wireing as i dont want to blow it up as yet there is no inline 5amp fuse which it will have when its fitted proberly in the ship so the red main feed is not yet connected up an just layin on the 12volt batt an ive fitted a bit of plastic covering over that eletronics so no water can get into it IMG_5823.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO its OFF AN in seconds its smoking an the tiny fan is spinning monica to force air down into the tank where the steam is an then under the fans wind thrust the mist or smoke call it what you like goes up the tube into the funnel an out hope you enjoy it IMG_5825.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cool effect Chris. Hope you get the tubing sorted out....
HI TIM yea so do i as i looked on that tubeing site an the prices well i might be able to get a bit from a car boot sale as i only need about a foot at the most so jen will have a look when this lock down ends an cheers for finding it for me
all best chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cracking Chris, hope theres no smoke alarm lol
THANKS Bob there is no smoke alarm but i think there is a failsafe cutout as when i was sailing my norfolk the smoke unit ran out of water an it still work ok but dreading trying to fit this into tiger as it gonna be keyhole surgury lol
chris ps hows the caterpilla ? now
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
THANKS Bob there is no smoke alarm but i think there is a failsafe cutout as when i was sailing my norfolk the smoke unit ran out of water an it still work ok but dreading trying to fit this into tiger as it gonna be keyhole surgury lol
chris ps hows the caterpilla ? now
chris
Just had her supper and off upstairs for a pick of comfy beds, what a life!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's smoking great Chris! :smiling5::thumb2:
Very nice!
CHEERS Steven yea tiger should look great smoking from the front funnell as i think the back funnell will be a dummy as i cant aford to buy another one for the rear funnell but one is better than none an i have just sent off for a bit of flexi tube to carry the mist or smoke to the funnel but its goin to be a nightmare to fit in her
thanks for lookin in an hope you are well
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done on getting it all working Chris. Now you tell me it's STEAM ! spoil sport !
Got excited then crushed no smoke ! :cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat:.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well done on getting it all working Chris. Now you tell me it's STEAM ! spoil sport !
Got excited then crushed no smoke ! :cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat:.
HAHA :rolling: ;):smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: :thinking: John that got you back for that little joke you played on me havin me apolagise indeed lol :rolling::smiling: an you may be in luck if there is a short in the eletrics an its goes up in smoke as sometimes the inline fuses dont blow an protect the units :upside::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat: an G/M to you
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR