boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN ALL that will be seen is the hole in the hull but I think I will get a bit bigger one for tiger carrier build68.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Looking even more impressive mate that is bigger than anything I've ever made (I did make a bigger Mississippi sternwheeler than the six footer but didn't take into account getting it out of the bedroom and down the stairs, still youth is for learning) yes the Honda was ok.
Pete I have a few more pics of the Waverley but don't want to take over this build with pics of mine.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looking even more impressive mate that is bigger than anything I've ever made (I did make a bigger Mississippi sternwheeler than the six footer but didn't take into account getting it out of the bedroom and down the stairs, still youth is for learning) yes the Honda was ok.
Pete I have a few more pics of the Waverley but don't want to take over this build with pics of mine.
Good point Ken - how about starting a new thread then?
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI KEN cheers for your comment an fancy building a big boat you could not get out of bedroom dint think about it you say we all learn the hard way an how did you get it out in the end ? . As when I was building my Nimitz in the kitchen an I started to show the build on a forum I had several people askin me by sayin OK mate you've built it an now how are you gonna get it out of the kitchen an they were amazed when I said it comes in half so no problem :smiling:
chris

• Haha
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 3568

Mate I didn't I turned it into a coffee table and in the end broke it up.
Pete I don't think I have enough pics left of it to justify making a post of it.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sorry Chris i'm VERY late to the party on this one. Looks like you have a cracking build coming along here

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Still admiring the workmanship. :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Mate I didn't I turned it into a coffee table and in the end broke it up.
Pete I don't think I have enough pics left of it to justify making a post of it.
COR blimey Ken what a pity bet you was sick as I know I would have been but you we all learn our lessons in the end
Sorry Chris i'm VERY late to the party on this one. Looks like you have a cracking build coming along here
HI AL yea you a bit late but better late than never an no worryies as this build will still be goin yrs from now so still plenty to come for you all to have a look at an thanks for the nice comment cheers:thumb2:
Still admiring the workmanship. :thumb2:
AN cheers John but i'll be happier if this hull turns out ok as still a lot can go wrong as im at the stage of the build where ive got to think what my nxt step is
all best guys chris an thanks for your intrest all

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well the build is still under way for the last week or so ive been busy Firber glassin inside the hull an boy is it a horrible job an smelly even with all the protetive gear on an I got me hands stuck to the bench in the shed.Just as well I was wearin gloves them clear disposable type anyway a pic of the front half bein done with the matinIMG_4629.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Superb Chris, great skills sir!

Harland and Wolf have a suitable dry dock you know!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Superb Chris, great skills sir!

Harland and Wolf have a suitable dry dock you know!
CHEERS Bob for the comment an yes would I love to give it to them to sort out but I think im kinda stuck with it if you pardon the pun as that RESIN sticks to every thing YUK

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN jumpin the gun a bit id thought id draw out the outline of the deck so its ready to cut out never know this build might only be 3yrs instead of 5 yrs lol but its comin on faster than I thought it would IMG_4653.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You need a extension to the shed!
Bob I think I need a bigger shed not just an extension as she is quite big now makes me wonder how the heck I managed to carry Nimitz's hull around as that was bigger still but its all good fun an im enjoyin the build apart from the F/G ing soon be time to do all the hull with sandin sealer to make the hull water proof about 6 coats I reckon
chris