boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Next pic up is a shot of the steam pipe an now this will end up in a big S shape as the pipe has got to fit dead on the steam unit top pipe then held in postion will feed up to the front funnell all bein well if my forward planning is right it is in my mind anyway the way i visulise itIMG_5966.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN next pic up is where i have really gone to town on the major sugery as this is so i can see to line up the steam pipe to the steam unit an big enough to get my hand inside the main S/S its goin to be a right pig i think very awkward IMG_5962.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Really cracking work Chris. The last shot reminds us just how big this puppy is!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An as can be seen the steam unit is clearly visible in pic above an below here some how ive got to connect it all up so it will pass steam an it must not leak steam as in this bay will be the main eletronics bays so no water please lolIMG_5963.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HERE is the funnel laid on again as its screwing up my thinking on this funnell pipe how it all will be atteched but ive got a glimmer of an idea formin in the ole fossilied grey matter lol an this is the last pic for today as i will be gettin stuck into this tomorrow while the ideas are fresh in my mind IMG_5964.JPGlol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Really cracking work Chris. The last shot reminds us just how big this puppy is!
AN Hello Tim glad you are likeing the build an yes it is a bit big isnt it i only hope jen an i can lift it but if not there are always poeple who cant wait to get their hands on it to lift it into the wet stuff but when that will be lord knows
an to you also cheers for stoppin an havin a look an tomorrow it will be fit the steam pipe into place an line it all up i think id better do a Bob on this an take a swear box up to the model room but i cant wait to get started as i will dream about this tonight an hope some more ideas will pop up
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's looking right smart Chris........keep it coming. :thumb2:
Rick H.
[/QUOTE)

Thanks Rick yea im tryin to keep it so its lookin smart an tidy build but some times its not possible straight away but later yea
cheers for you havin a look in
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris it never fails to amaze me with you skill of both scratchery and electrics.
It's a fascinating build and look fwd to the updates especially as normally I'm only interested in armour and dios. :nerd:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris it never fails to amaze me with you skill of both scratchery and electrics.
It's a fascinating build and look fwd to the updates especially as normally I'm only interested in armour and dios. :nerd:
HI John im pleased you like this build an im really glad ive got this build to do as its helping me through these ole lockdowns days as we cant go anywhere as without this build id go up the wall with boredom as on the tv its repeats on top of repeats so i dont watch much telly except in the evein's an then i put on a dvd film unless there is soaps for jen then while she's watching them im on here roll on the summer
ATB TO YOU John
chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Coming along nicely since my last visit to your build Chris :thumb2:
HELLO Joe nice to see you on here an stoppin an havin a look in on the build an yes the build is actually getting some where as at times as there is so much to build on this ship it feels like im stalled but im gettin there im pleased to say an enjoyin this build as there is plenty to come still an this is the first time ive ever built a cruiser so something different
cheers ATB to you
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice progress Chris, looks all very good! :thumb2:
Have fun,
Steven
HI Steven yea she comin on an i feel as though im getting some where on this build but its all very well lookin at the plans but it makes me realise just how much there is on one of these ships to build its no wonder the real ship took nearly 20 yrs to build
ATB to you Steven stay safe
chris