boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply brilliant.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Simply brilliant.

ATB.

Andrew
AN HI Andrew glad you are likeing the build an:thinking: i'll say the same thing to day if i can get this hard part done ok an thats lineing up this funnell tube with the steam unit i'll have a pat myself on the back an then do a little dance with a cuppa to celebrate lol :rolling: :cool::smiling2: an thank you for lookin in on the build as i said before its all you guys that lookin in that keeps up my mojo to keep building thank you all
chris

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
superb, just gets better and better
AN HI Steve cheers for your kind comments an yes its getting better but now gettin more complex so when i fineally put all this togeather im gonna be pushed to do a lot of thinking to make sure i wire it all up right as at the moment ive only got a vauge clue as i just dont know how this will all pan out but i think it will be a days full planning an loads of wirein diograms to myself an definataly in line fuses through that P.D.B cheers for havin a look in AN STAY SAFE
ATB CHRIS

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Now here ive just laid the front funnel on the s/s to get a rough idea of how long this steam pipe will be an the fan ventilation holes in 02 deck View attachment 410974 can now be seen ok
Hi Chris, wow just mind blowing indeed , my ship be no where as good as your build Chris, keep the good work up, she will be stunning when finished .
Tony take care

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, wow just mind blowing indeed , my ship be no where as good as your build Chris, keep the good work up, she will be stunning when finished .
Tony take care
HI Tony yea im pleased with how this build is goin but at the moment im trying to line up the funnel tube with the steam unit's tube as the funnel tube in the top S/S must be able to lift off so i can fit in the main drive 20 amphr 12v batt an so far its a right bugger as when the top S/S is on the funnel tube cover over the steam unit's tube so i cant see how or where it is for the meet up fittting but i will do it just a matter of patience an getting it right
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The stuff your adding beggars belief, and the attention to detail is just outstanding Chris.
CHEERS Ian glad you are likeing the build but it will get better as i now build the more complex side of this ship model soon more eletronics then it will be beggars belief an i'll be havin fun then as im lookin forward to see what i can get working on this ship
cheers for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well ive been tryin to get this funnel pipe to line up an well its been a battle
an ive fitted down in the hull the steam unit this is sort of rough for now but i hope to make a better mounting for the steam unit but its now screwed down an the eletronics is just laid to one side in the pic but later in the nxt wk i'll arrange it all properly IMG_5982.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now in this pic after a a bit of a battle i have managed to get the funnel pipe lined up with the steam unit but i just got to hope that the tiny 25mm fan is powerfull enough to blow the steam up the full 14inches of the funnell pipe its just as well im fitting in a 40mm fan to help it blow the steam under more pressure IMG_5984.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thats a bend and a half!
HI Bob mate yea it is an it took some bending as well as for most of today i hadnt a clue where or what angle it had to be fitted at so a little NO a lot of patience went into getting this right i must have fitted an removed this mounting at least 10 times but got there in the end an how your wrist boyo ?
chris