boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again guys well I have success on getting the hull off the build board ok an cutting the hull in half sweated buckets doin that (phew)
but it came out ok as I said before the hull is a bit rough but when I have F/G her an sanded it down it should look good but still a lot of work to do on the hull
HERE SWMBO holdin the hull for a pic an she has been helpin me on the build P1020158.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all well been a while since I last posted anything on the build but ive been building the weird shapped stern an it was very hard to get both sides to match up but I think I have done it firstly a pic from the plan to show what ive been building an its not done yet but got the shape mainly
IMG_4599.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
in this nxt pic 's it shows how much extra I have had to build up the hull for the hangar bay an the flightdeck an the unusual shapes of the hull an now its time to begin fittin in the filler in gaps an then sandin it all down a job I hate but got to be done
IMG_4603.JPG

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HERE in the rear of the hull I will have to cut or grind out all the hull frames due to the fact that's right where the appertures will have to be cut out an rudder fittedIMG_4605.JPG

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Just had a real good catch up and WOW! I'm impresssed. This is huge. No wonder you built it in two halves. So many hours already and still many hours to go. I have not seen anything like this built before so it is very interesting to see how you go about it. Filling and sanding the hull must be a big job but when done it will truly look the part - all sleek and smooth.
Jim

D

Deleted member 3568

Great work mate, keep at it you're obviously making great progress, she will certainly be an impressive site when done.
When's the launch, next week.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Amazing work.
Many thanks Scottie glad you like the build :thumb2:
Hi Chris
Just had a real good catch up and WOW! I'm impresssed. This is huge. No wonder you built it in two halves. So many hours already and still many hours to go. I have not seen anything like this built before so it is very interesting to see how you go about it. Filling and sanding the hull must be a big job but when done it will truly look the part - all sleek and smooth.
Jim
AN HI Jim im pleased you also are impressed about this build an yes its gonna be big an yes their is gonna be a lot of work comin on this build I must say that building this hull makes building Nimitz 's hull like a walk in the park .This is really challenging my skills at modelling due to all the awkward angles on the hull but im getting there an its keepin me busy the days are flyin by.An im glad you findin it intresting as to how I go about things well ive got to try an remember myself as I hav'nt done anything like this for ten yrs:cold-sweat::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful:
Great work mate, keep at it you're obviously making great progress, she will certainly be an impressive site when done.
When's the launch, next week.
HI Ken yes the build is turning out ok so far but got along way to go yet an you talk about launchin her IF ONLY ken but it will happen some time in this lifetime :smiling::smiling::smiling:
Thanks for your intrest guys
chris